Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 07:02 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Today I have to do that van, as what with sorting out those tyres yesterday and it being cold and pouring with rain, by the time I got the stuff up there, I didn't have the inclination to sort it out, but today it's a must.

Thanks for my sympathy re the window guy, I suppose I just have to accept it's the way of the world nowadays, the genuine people who want to get on and work hard (such as Gorden) can't get the work, and those who have it, just muddle along without any real committment and don't value it anymore.

I'm going to try and get Dave to take Zena on his own this morning to give me more time up at the van, and he's going to play with his new toy (the magic mitre cutter) and do these skirtings in the hallway.

I hear we have a "shoe" virus about, I hope Zena doesn't get it, but we have so many squeaky balls lying around the place I doubt it, cos they are her preferred choice for chomping on, especially when I'm on the phone!!!

Lynn, hope you haven't worn yourself out with all that cleaning and I'm sure the place looks good enough now to get those agents round.

Sally, hope your cough is better today.

Jenny, Hope that mouth of yours is healing nicely and that you're feeling back to normal with no faceache.

Sorry if I've forgotten anybody, but I could only skip through yesterday as I had a bit of a day here. Enjoy your Saturday whatever you're up to
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Helena what a bl**dy cheek that man has.
As you say its the ones who want to work who can't seem to get work my two sons included Michael is having a desperate job getting part time work while doing his course at college to better himself and Mark who has the odd job here and there painting and decorating and who has also had two interviews for care takers jobs but no luck actually getting the job and both hard working honest and do a good job and then of course Gorden scraping by and at the will of others paying when they decide too and not seeming to realise the importance of we have bills and a mortgage too thank you very much.
How do people like this survive ?
Rant over you go with that letter there is probably some nice thrust worthy person out there who would be grateful for the work. It does make you so tired and mad though and so suspicious of anyone else.
Big (((hugs))) for this morning. Try not to wear yourself out to much sorting the van today and try to get the nanny nap you missed yesterday.

No more wellie incidents here and Dillon is being a very good calm boy again this morning maybe he is growing up a bit. Money should be in the bank tomorrow Gorden has the email to confirm seems a bit strange to me money being transferred on a Sunday.
Nice and dry here this morning hopefully the sun will make an appearance.
I think we may be getting stuck into some jobs today on the house so another step nearer to getting the agents to in to value.

I hope all those who have been or are feeling under the weather soon feel on top of the weather. Human and furry friends.

Enjoy your Saturday all and stay safe.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning H and all

I was fuming for you re your window man, he needs a good kick up the backside!

I hadn't heard about the shoe virus so will have to put them into quarantine lest they succumb to it.

We had a busy day yesterday, took my cousin back to his art class for a visit, they were delighted to see him, got rapped on the knuckles for parking on double lines outside (art class had ok'd said they would take the blame) we didn't stay long and it was a private car park, we also managed to strip the wall paper in my cousins lounge. I was really dreading it as it was mostly woodchip but it gave up without too much of a fight. Just one bedroom to go.

The solicitor arrived and cousins will is now finalised, big load off of my mind! We even managed to fit in a bit of a shopping trip to buy a couple of DVD's so he was a happy bunny.

Friend managed to book a hotel for Crufts, I have said I wouldn't all along but the thought of getting up at 4.30 am is getting less appealing so we ended up searching late bookings together over the phone, isn't the internet wonderful, we got a good deal, B&B £41.00 twin room, including breakfast and no charge for the 4 dogs, 7 miles from NEC.

I am working all day today, wish I could retire as there are not enough hours in the day!

Have a good day all!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 07:47 AM
A very goog morning Helena morning all
Sounds like you had a fraught time with tyres n windows ,yesterday ,things can only be better today ,hope all goes according to plan up at the van
All systems go with the digger getting rid of the soil ,I'm going to keep well out of the road n just keep the tea n bacon
Butties going
Frustrated re wee car Why people advertise them as in
IMACULATE CONDITION and there a heap off junk ,just want something road worthy n safe
Plan B in action now as daughter thinking of changing her car ,so wll maybe have hers save all the faffing around
Looks like its going to be a good day weather wise here ,dogs will get a long walk before the work starts
Hope all poorly dogs n humans with sore throats ,coughs ,aches and pains get better soon
Shoe virus quarantine in place here as my lot would love to catch it if they could Shasha,s a buxxer with shoes gathers them up in her bed ,but doesn't chew
Have a good day all whatever your up to above all stay safe
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning all,

Do you get an anti-shoe virus vaccination? If not keep it down south, don't want Dougal catching it.

Helena, I hope the window man gets his bum in gear and sorts your window.

Me, well, I'm off to Dingwall this morning to be interviewed. Then I've promised Davie I'd take him to Inverness to the aquadome, so heading up there today. Tonight I'll be starting on my assignment then relaxing. If I can get an essay plan together I'll be happy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena what a bl**dy cheek that man has.
As you say its the ones who want to work who can't seem to get work my two sons included Michael is having a desperate job getting part time work while doing his course at college to better himself and Mark who has the odd job here and there painting and decorating and who has also had two interviews for care takers jobs but no luck actually getting the job and both hard working honest and do a good job and then of course Gorden scraping by and at the will of others paying when they decide too and not seeming to realise the importance of we have bills and a mortgage too thank you very much.
How do people like this survive ?
Rant over you go with that letter there is probably some nice thrust worthy person out there who would be grateful for the work. It does make you so tired and mad though and so suspicious of anyone else.
Big (((hugs))) for this morning. Try not to wear yourself out to much sorting the van today and try to get the nanny nap you missed yesterday.

No more wellie incidents here and Dillon is being a very good calm boy again this morning maybe he is growing up a bit. Money should be in the bank tomorrow Gorden has the email to confirm seems a bit strange to me money being transferred on a Sunday.
Nice and dry here this morning hopefully the sun will make an appearance.
I think we may be getting stuck into some jobs today on the house so another step nearer to getting the agents to in to value.

I hope all those who have been or are feeling under the weather soon feel on top of the weather. Human and furry friends.

Enjoy your Saturday all and stay safe.
Morning Lynn, I'm sorry the whole family seems to be in this abyss and I hope they all manage to crawl out of it soon. At least you've got something going in on Sunday it's a start isn't it. Yes, get those agents round soon Lynn and at least you'll know what you have or don't have to do with the house and good luck.xxx

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

I was fuming for you re your window man, he needs a good kick up the backside!

I hadn't heard about the shoe virus so will have to put them into quarantine lest they succumb to it.

We had a busy day yesterday, took my cousin back to his art class for a visit, they were delighted to see him, got rapped on the knuckles for parking on double lines outside (art class had ok'd said they would take the blame) we didn't stay long and it was a private car park, we also managed to strip the wall paper in my cousins lounge. I was really dreading it as it was mostly woodchip but it gave up without too much of a fight. Just one bedroom to go.

The solicitor arrived and cousins will is now finalised, big load off of my mind! We even managed to fit in a bit of a shopping trip to buy a couple of DVD's so he was a happy bunny.

Friend managed to book a hotel for Crufts, I have said I wouldn't all along but the thought of getting up at 4.30 am is getting less appealing so we ended up searching late bookings together over the phone, isn't the internet wonderful, we got a good deal, B&B £41.00 twin room, including breakfast and no charge for the 4 dogs, 7 miles from NEC.

I am working all day today, wish I could retire as there are not enough hours in the day!

Have a good day all!
Morning Gerry, glad you managed to get some of that wallpaper off. I remember that woodchip stuff, we once managed to strip a whole ceiling the night before the plasterer arrived next morning, talk about leaving it till the last minute, and it was a nightmare, it all came off in tiny little bits. that's a real bargain you get there with the B&B I hope it suits and does a good brekkie.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
A very goog morning Helena morning all
Sounds like you had a fraught time with tyres n windows ,yesterday ,things can only be better today ,hope all goes according to plan up at the van
All systems go with the digger getting rid of the soil ,I'm going to keep well out of the road n just keep the tea n bacon
Butties going
Frustrated re wee car Why people advertise them as in
IMACULATE CONDITION and there a heap off junk ,just want something road worthy n safe
Plan B in action now as daughter thinking of changing her car ,so wll maybe have hers save all the faffing around
Looks like its going to be a good day weather wise here ,dogs will get a long walk before the work starts
Hope all poorly dogs n humans with sore throats ,coughs ,aches and pains get better soon
Shoe virus quarantine in place here as my lot would love to catch it if they could Shasha,s a buxxer with shoes gathers them up in her bed ,but doesn't chew
Have a good day all whatever your up to above all stay safe
Morning Norma Glad to hear that digger will be turning up today and the bacon butties will keep it going all day long I'm sure. I'm sure you're going to be well pleased with the result, it's nice to have a new garden cos you can go shopping for plants

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Do you get an anti-shoe virus vaccination? If not keep it down south, don't want Dougal catching it.

Helena, I hope the window man gets his bum in gear and sorts your window.

Me, well, I'm off to Dingwall this morning to be interviewed. Then I've promised Davie I'd take him to Inverness to the aquadome, so heading up there today. Tonight I'll be starting on my assignment then relaxing. If I can get an essay plan together I'll be happy.
Morning Lorraine, good luck with the interview I didn't know you were looking, but I hope it's what you want and you get the job. Enjoy the rest of your day with Davie too.

Just waiting for Dave to get home with my car and I'll be heading off to the van, not looking forward to it, but once I get stuck in I'll enjoy it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Morning all, sounds like a few issues needed sorting yesterday for some of you , good to hear they have gone well.

Have a good day at the van H, we are about to go to ours for the weekend to open it up, hopefully the weather will be Ok.

Have a good one folks, xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning H and all,

This morning a car stopped for me to cross the zebra crossing and as I went across a voice from the open car window said about 3 times "Hello Beautiful". Flippin eck I thought its been years since anyone said that to me. I turned to smile and realised firstly it was a woman and secondly she was talking to Lily. Oh well at least for a fleeting second I thought my luck had changed .

Cooking a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings today for Charly, Ash and myself. Havn't had a roast dinner in a while as its not worth doing just for me and tomorrow I won't be around to do a big dinner as I am hoping to go on a greyhound walk..
Other than that it will just be housework and another walk for Lily today. Still full of cold but not feeling ill now thank goodness.

Good luck at the van today H,

Lynn I hope that money does go in tomorrow, although Sunday does seem an odd day for money to appear in your account.

Take care all and enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

Today I have to do that van, as what with sorting out those tyres yesterday and it being cold and pouring with rain, by the time I got the stuff up there, I didn't have the inclination to sort it out, but today it's a must.

Thanks for my sympathy re the window guy, I suppose I just have to accept it's the way of the world nowadays, the genuine people who want to get on and work hard (such as Gorden) can't get the work, and those who have it, just muddle along without any real committment and don't value it anymore.

I'm going to try and get Dave to take Zena on his own this morning to give me more time up at the van, and he's going to play with his new toy (the magic mitre cutter) and do these skirtings in the hallway.

I hear we have a "shoe" virus about, I hope Zena doesn't get it, but we have so many squeaky balls lying around the place I doubt it, cos they are her preferred choice for chomping on, especially when I'm on the phone!!!

Lynn, hope you haven't worn yourself out with all that cleaning and I'm sure the place looks good enough now to get those agents round.

Sally, hope your cough is better today.

Jenny, Hope that mouth of yours is healing nicely and that you're feeling back to normal with no faceache.

Sorry if I've forgotten anybody, but I could only skip through yesterday as I had a bit of a day here. Enjoy your Saturday whatever you're up to
Hi Helena. I am glad you are feeling more calm and focused,I thought you were gong to bust a blood vessel.As my old dad used to say Dont let the ******s get you down.crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

This morning a car stopped for me to cross the zebra crossing and as I went across a voice from the open car window said about 3 times "Hello Beautiful". Flippin eck I thought its been years since anyone said that to me. I turned to smile and realised firstly it was a woman and secondly she was talking to Lily. Oh well at least for a fleeting second I thought my luck had changed .

Cooking a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings today for Charly, Ash and myself. Havn't had a roast dinner in a while as its not worth doing just for me and tomorrow I won't be around to do a big dinner as I am hoping to go on a greyhound walk..
Other than that it will just be housework and another walk for Lily today. Still full of cold but not feeling ill now thank goodness.

Good luck at the van today H,

Lynn I hope that money does go in tomorrow, although Sunday does seem an odd day for money to appear in your account.

Take care all and enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
Hi Madmare,Oh well its nice to think that you and your dog can create some interest.Have a lovely day crystalgirl
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »