View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:19 AM
OMG this poor dog,,, she is too old to have pups and having had 4 litters already it is dangerous,, she could have stillborn pups or even worse she could die due to complications,,
like shadowboxer said try painting a not so pretty picture,, tell her of all the expenses involved in breeding an older bitch,, maybe she will heed the warning
I hope so ,, poor dog

kimberley x x x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:25 AM
GSD have pups in several colours, some acceptable, some not, none rare and no pup from an un-registered, non-tested bitch with no history is worth more than around £100 and then you will be luck to find a suitable home for a whole litter.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:48 AM
The sad thing is so many people out there have no idea about how important health tests ,temprament and good breeders are and can be easily duped into paying lots of money for something they think is special ,lots of people just dont research before they buy a dog ,they sadly dont realise how many bad breeders are out there who will say anything to make a fast profit
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
The sad thing is so many people out there have no idea about how important health tests ,temprament and good breeders are and can be easily duped into paying lots of money for something they think is special ,lots of people just dont research before they buy a dog ,they sadly dont realise how many bad breeders are out there who will say anything to make a fast profit
Exactly, so many people just want a dog and if it's "rare" then all the better!

A friend of sister bought a Jack Russell pup for £500??? It had no papers and no health tests etc and then she complained when the dog cried to be let out for a wee a night! This pup was 5 weeks old at the time and was sold it when it was 3 weeks! Because the mother wasn't feeding the pups anymore?
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 08:30 PM
if you keep the bitch in a small room the pups could end up with dog ricketts and low hip scores also behavioral probs and could go stir crazy maybe ask the advice of a vet or rspca officer
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 01:11 PM
All I can say is "poor bl**dy dog"! This breaks my heart, I think she has already done her "bit" to make some humans loads of cash, why can't she just have a happy, caring home now, where she can enjoy the rest of her life - in peace!

I was told by my vet when Cassie was 4yrs. old that I had left it too late to breed from her, but then again it would have been her first litter, not that I was going to breed from her anyway, I was only asking about having her speyed to avoid pyometra which 3 of mine had, and I didn't want her to go the same way, so maybe pyometra is common on g.s.d's particularly as she has been used as a puppy machine all her life! Poor dog, I'm all upset now.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I am so shocked by this. Money talks, eh? I hope others have given you enough info to hit her with and good for you for trying to persuade her of the error of her ways. The poor, poor dog. Do you think she will still want the bitch if she can't breed from her?
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 01:03 AM
I will just have to see how it goes when I'm there and try to stress the dangers this bitch could face if made to have more puppys ,thanks everyone for the help and advice and support ,I'll let you know how it went when I get back from her place
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Ripsnorterthe2nd you were spot on about her colour

I tryed to stress the dangers of breeding from her and the importance of health tests etc. ,but it fell on deaf ears
the poor bitch is due to have a season very soon and she is quite happy for her male who has never had any health tests to breed with her ,the bitch has aparently had a hip score but nothing else ,she seems to have some discomfort in one of her elbows but that has never been looked into

here are a few pics of her in the small room where she will spend most of her time

and with the male who will breed with her

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 09:55 PM
They are both beautiful and deserve better than this.
It is so infuriating! WHY? Why do people think they can treat animals like objects, nobody has any right to treat an animal in this way. She should be ashamed of herself.
No doubt she'll sell the pups as "rare blue GSDs" and make herself a nice little packet.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >