View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dlboxerdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Thank you for all your birthday wishes!!

Imagine my surprise when on Friday, my 62nd birthday, I received so many birthday greetings from folks who subscribe to Dogsey. I just grinned and laughed and felt so happy! What a thoughtful thing to do.

I have not been writing much lately on this blog because of the fine Minnesota Spring weather. I have been working in the yard, putting out flowers, weeding the gardens of last year's blooms and, picking up old dog poop.

The dogs--my three Boxers--Roscoe, Rocketdog (blind) and Sarah, who has cardiomyopathy plus a gimpy hind leg, enjoy sunbathing and playing with the puppy Blue Heeler who lives next door.

Our wood ticks are out full force, and I began using Frontline last month in preparation for them. They all got another dose today. If they do bite the dogs, the wood ticks die, instead of being able to suck blood and get swollen until they drop off.

After wood ticks come mosquitoes and deer flies. Deer flies cause horrendous welts on me and the dogs. I use a insect repellant wipe on the dogs that is also used on horses. Still, their ears get chewed to pieces by those nasty deer flies.

On the positive side of things, we do not have poisonous snakes this far north in Minnesota.

I do have some personal good news. Having been a widow for 10 years now, I have met an old high school friend again, who is also widowed. He took me to dinner on my birthday, and we really enjoyed ourselves. He is rather a cat person than a dog person, but he did pet the dogs and speak to them. He did not want them on his lap, however, and I can't understand why not, as Rocket only weighs 100 pounds, Roscoe weighs 85 and Sarah is a mere 60 pounds.

We found plenty of other ways in which we are compatible and I do believe he was envious of my three acres with the river running through it. He likes to fish, and I could see he was tempted to fish my river.

I am hoping for another date. I don't know how it is in the countries where you live, but women my age don't usually call men until a relationship is established. Thank God for email. I have already written to tell him how much I enjoyed our evening.

Will keep you advised as to how he gets along with the dogs. Best regards, Diana Lynn of Sunrise River Boxers in Stacy, MN, a rescuer, not a breeder.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Diana Glad you enjoyed your birthday date and hope things work out the way you want them. Good Luck and do keep us posted.
Eunice
x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Nice to read your blog, belated birthday greetings. We have all been Metricated now (No surgery involved ) but I do remember 100lbs. took a bit of lifting!!