Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi
Our 9 week old pup has the same thing,did 27 poos yesterday!!!!!
Vet said it may be girdia so has been rewormed with panacur as not all wormers get rid of it.
Sample is being sent off for salmonella and camphowotsit!
Is now on antiinflammatorys and a tablet to dry him up ( a dog version of immodium).
A change in diet can help,but since they've been put onto hills I'd discuss that with your vet first. A change in diet can give them an attack of colitis as well so you could do more harm than good they've already been on 3 different foods from your post and it may be better to leave them on the hills for a while longer...as I say I'd check it with your vet. I know the current thinking is to leave their diet alone if you can. Not saying not to do it, just saying give your vet a ring first to double check, he/she may be in the process of ruling things out too.
Hope it improves for you...we're all exhausted and fast running out of cleaning materials!!!!!!
minnie-daisy
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2006, 07:34 PM
hi, thanks for your replies. they seem to have firmed up a bit today. hope it continues
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi, glad to hear things have improved.

If they still are not quite right though in the next couple of days I would consider going to another vets for a second opinion.

Diarrhoea is so draining on the system and they are bound to be a bit dehydrated, so I would keep a close eye on them.

Hope they continue to improve well
janet68
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi
Glad to see you managed to get to this site. Also glad to see your babies are a little better. Your little ones are so cute was hard to leave them alone yesterday. Fingers crossed things keep on improving for you all.

Take care
Janet
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 11:34 PM
It could also be a change of water so giving them cooled boiled water can help

If you feel rice please make sure it's at the "sticky"stage i.e. a bit over cooked this helps the digestion

You could also try slippery elm, made into a gruel by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of the powdered herb with 1 cup of boiling water (add the water gradually to the herb to keep it from becoming lumpy)
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

23-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Jake, my cav used to have bouts of colitis, but since he has been eating Eukanuba, Lamb and rice we have had no problems

My other cav had a similar experience to what yours are going through now. it was about 8 weeks ago now and he had dioreah for around 4 or 5 weeks with numerous visits to the vets, we tried all kind of tablets. in the end he gave us ERYTHROMYCIN & MEDRONE, and we fed him nothing but chicken for 10 days. then after that started to add eukanuba lamb & rice for puppies, and its worked. I know how upseting it can be but hang in there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2