Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:54 PM

Sigh, my friends pup is from a puppy farm :(

Just a rant really
My friends have a year old pup and I just found out she is from a puppy farm
They dont think she is - because they have a shiny website, the pups are well cared for and the breeder talks a good talk - the website also talks about how the dogs do the job they are bred for - but really they dont - they do it for a kinda hobby to look good on the website

but also has about 14 litters a year
breeds 'rare' colours

and I have met several of her dogs and not one is one I would happily live with (my friend pup is having problems with other dogs - races up to them, body slams them, snaps a chunk of fur then runs away screaming!) and I know of at least one who was pts at under a year cos of epilepsy - although the breeder swears they dont have it in their lines

I am so sad, the public know all about puppy farms - but really think a shiny website and clean happy pups so of course this must be a good breeder
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Can not really comment Skye was from a Puppy Farm... although by the ad we didn't realise it until we got there anyway thats history, Skye is a lucky one she's 5 now and no health issues