Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:42 PM

I feel your pain

Just wanted to extend my sympathies to all who have a teenage monster at this moment in time.

I have 5 dogs only one of those i had from a pup, the others came at an average age of 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, except Fudge, who came at 10 weeks and is now 10 months and a proper little bolshy git.

I had forgotten how much i dislike em when they're this age

So anyone else in the kevin stage, i swear he would slam a door and shout mooottthhher if he could
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:45 PM
thanks for reminding me why I always go for older rescues....not sure I could cope with the Kevin stage
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Simba is 9 months on xmas eve, I know all too well what the kevin teenage stage is like
Saying that I wouldnt change anything about him.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Yay - I cant wait til that stage 8 months and we're waiting for the bolshy behaviour - his heelwork seemed to be getting together nicely til this week where he has decided that walking by Mummy's side isn't as fun anymore! Grrr I keep threatening "Go to vets, have a nice injection where you'll sleep a lot" or "Carry on and you'll be in a kennel in the farthest regions of this world" Lets just say my dog doesn't understand English - Sadie knows what they mean of course they are empty threats..I would never do that
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Yay - I cant wait til that stage 8 months and we're waiting for the bolshy behaviour - his heelwork seemed to be getting together nicely til this week where he has decided that walking by Mummy's side isn't as fun anymore! Grrr I keep threatening "Go to vets, have a nice injection where you'll sleep a lot" or "Carry on and you'll be in a kennel in the farthest regions of this world" Lets just say my dog doesn't understand English - Sadie knows what they mean of course they are empty threats..I would never do that
lol reminds me of my OH, whenever Simba does anything cheeky he threatens him with 'RSPCA!'
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Cooper is 9 months and driving me mad. I don't remember Sam having this teenage stage, but he was always a good boy.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Yep, a proper stroppy little monster here too, he's been threatened with Bristol dogs home three times this week! He's curled up on my lap with Chester the other side atm though and I magically forget about all the naughtiness.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Ugh, Bruce is 8 months! Please don't tell me he is going to get even 'worser'!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Ugh, Bruce is 8 months! Please don't tell me he is going to get even 'worser'!
It does, but then it gets better when they come out the other side
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
It does, but then it gets better when they come out the other side
I like the teenage phase! I hate the 5-7 month age...I think they get a bit boring then...and gangly!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >