Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
oh dear lol, love the fishwife bit
You sound like a great owner - sensible and human too we all have bad days and dogs are amazingly forgiving

I am sure with all the great advice on here and your own common sense you will see improvments every week
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:35 AM
[/IMG]
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:42 AM

A few too many img codes in your post - you either copy and paste from "http:" to ".png" and use the Insert Image button on here, or you copy from Photobucket including the img tags but just paste it straight into your post instead of via the Insert Image button
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:44 AM
That's him as a baby obviously! Lol! All he did was snort at us lol! Ok will re read what you've said And make sense of it in my head.
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:50 AM
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Beautiful looking dog.

He will get better, I had naughty 9 month old golden retriever.

Now I have a naughty 9 month old Duck Toller
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Just remembered, another possible option could be online classes - http://www.trainyourdogonline.co.uk/
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
. Not to mention the embarrassment of trying to pass someone with their impeccably well behaved dogs while mine is lunging and spinning and barking and lunging and lunging and wrapping the leash around me and did I mention lunging? He's had me in tears several times with his pulling. And just the other day I morphed into a fishwife and screamed at him to "pack it the f**k in!" Not my greatest moment there but I'm only human.

Welcome to my world

Dex is much better than when I rehomed him but still pretty reactive. He can lunge so violently, and so swiftly, that although I can walk him on a normal collar, for safety's sake I still use a headcollar. Also I can never be sure what might trigger the lunges - the other day he kicked off because a brightly coloured van drove past.

Spencer sounds like a very strong boy - like Dex. Makes me laugh wryly when I hear people insist that Labs are 'easy' dogs....... They are in some respects but I never realised how strong they are until I got Dexie.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Spencer sounds like a very strong boy - like Dex. Makes me laugh wryly when I hear people insist that Labs are 'easy' dogs....... They are in some respects but I never realised how strong they are until I got Dexie.
No, I was quite surprised by Spencers strength. Especially as I was used to Rupert who was far from weak and would make serious attempts to get to other dogs.

I am finding Spen an easy dog for the most part but my hubby finds him very difficult to cope with. His energy level, his constant desire to be doing something, his intelligence and ability to figure things out and just how demanding he is in general. He doesn't think he's an easy dog at all lol.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Welcome to my world

Dex is much better than when I rehomed him but still pretty reactive. He can lunge so violently, and so swiftly, that although I can walk him on a normal collar, for safety's sake I still use a headcollar. Also I can never be sure what might trigger the lunges - the other day he kicked off because a brightly coloured van drove past.

They are when they have been bred for a correct temperament for the breed. They would not be one of the primary choices for guide dogs for the blind, police dogs, dogs for the disabled and as working gundogs if they were 'difficult' dogs. Individuals within any breed Labs included can be difficult, but as a breed on the whole they should not be.
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »