Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am afraid the only people who look stupid on this thread are those wrongly accusing another poster and a great dog trainer of inhumanity.

But it is great that people do expose their ignorance so other posters can be wary of their "advice"

OMG you are so up your own backside it is laughable. You would be surprised how many people have seen through you and others will slowly see the light too, or you will get nasty and condescending to them too because they dare not to agree with or hang off your every word.
I don't need people to agree with me and I don't profess to be an expert at anything because I am not, unlike what you try to make yourself out to be. But I am entitled to my opinion even if it isn't the same as yours, god forbid as that seems to be what sets you off when someone disagrees with you.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
OMG you are so up your own backside it is laughable. You would be surprised how many people have seen through you and others will slowly see the light too, or you will get nasty and condescending to them too because they dare not to agree with or hang off your every word.
I don't need people to agree with me and I don't profess to be an expert at anything because I am not, unlike what you try to make yourself out to be. But I am entitled to my opinion even if it isn't the same as yours, god forbid as that seems to be what sets you off when someone disagrees with you.
Well said.

Your general attitude and tone leaves a lot to be desired, Smokeybear.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post

Making people laugh is such a great gift, thank you.

Nobody has said that you are not entitled to your opinion, as I have said many times before, that is what forums are for.

I do not require people to agree with me, nor do I get infuriated or angry if people do not, unlike yourself other one or two others!

And I have not professed to be an expert on anything, (unless you can find the post where I said "I am an expert on (insert relevant subject)"

Always fun to read kettles calling post black though!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Well said.

I know, I am still perfecting it, not quite there yet!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Well said.

Yes, bit like being back in the classroom isn't it You will do as I say or else lol Mein Fuhrher (sp?)! Well, some of us don't HAVE to do we, especially when you can't see what they're commanding (and you don't have your head up your as*
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, bit like being back in the classroom isn't it You will do as I say or else lol Mein Fuhrher (sp?)! Well, some of us don't HAVE to do we, especially when you can't see what they're commanding (and you don't have your head up your as*

ROFLMAO
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Erm well..OP your dog sounds like he is doing well if he had no recall to start with. He will only get better. Dont be disheartened My staffy has no recall whether she is hungry or not. Zilch nada none She was a rescue so dont know her background. I just keep her on the lead. Maybe I should try harder
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Erm well..OP your dog sounds like he is doing well if he had no recall to start with. He will only get better. Dont be disheartened My staffy has no recall whether she is hungry or not. Zilch nada none She was a rescue so dont know her background. I just keep her on the lead. Maybe I should try harder

Thank you very much, I feel better knowing it is not just me
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I realise that some folk do not agree with what SMOKEY BEAR has advised me to do.

And yes, of course everyone has the right to express their opinions.

However, I think it's a shame that a few people here are using this thread to make personal remarks towards SMOKEY BEAR that have nothing to do with the original post OR anything else for that matter

I asked for advice.
SMOKEY BEAR kindly offered some.

Perhaps if a few people here really have such passionate feelings about that advice that they cannot remain civil, they would prefer to ignore this thread?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, I have no wish to knock any method of training if it actually works............but the idea of only feeding a dog when out on a walk, during a training session has left me with my mouth open in shock.

Tabitha, if it's the way that you think is right for Dex then read no further, and good luck.

Surely dogs, especially rescue or rehomed dogs, require stability and consistency in their daily lives in order to feel secure and happy. The daily food ration arriving in the bowl is an absolute highlight for many dogs, and that full tummy in the evening often results in a good night's sleep for everyone. Only feeding in dribs and drabs whilst training just does not add up to the same thing, and what about all those days when it is not possible to go out training? Is the dog then given a full meal in his bowl, in which case he will once again be puzzled and uncertain when it doesn't appear the next day. In Dex's case, doing the training inside would be pointless because he is good at recall when at home.

All I can see resulting from this is a confused and anxious dog, who is unsure when his next meal is coming. Also, is it a good idea to feed the equivalent of a meal whilst training/exercising? I myself am careful to avoid exercising a dog until at least an hour has elapsed after eating.

There are many fads and fashions in dog training, and if this is the latest one then the sooner it is consigned to history the better. But that is just my opinion..........something which everyone is entitled to. I will not expect others to agree with me.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »