Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It was a subscribed channel. I have the large Virginmedia package, it was never included, but I can watch Nat geo wild now, still not Nat Geo, just the wild one!!

I just watched CM on it !!
Sometimes they allow you to see Nat Geo Wild for free then abotu a month later take it off you again. No doubt in the hope that you'll hand over more money and subscribe to the larger package for the sake of one channel!

Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Have just read this advert for the 1st programme-
"World renowned dog trainer Cesar Milan is in England to help Absolutely Fabulous actress Harriet Thorpe and her sister
Matilda tame their unruly German Shepherds".
I suppose this will be a delight for all owners of that breed and (all us clueless owners who try to train our dogs with kindness)and that they will all be watching intently to how he works his magic?Its on this Tuesday,8 p.m.National Geography Wild channel,Sky 528.(What did Harriet Thorpe play in Absolutely Fabulous-cant place her- ?)not that Im really at all interested if shes letting "Seizure Milan"anywhere near her dogs with or without his SPECIAL remote control.Would like to think that there would be a lot of adverse reaction after the programme ,but as the last poster Dizzi said-"never underestimate the idiocy of the general public."Perhaps the sale of those lovely non painful collars will go up?God help the poor dogs involved in this series and those whose owners think his methods are the answer to their problems.
My apologies if I've misunderstood - but why would it be a delight for GSD owners? I own this breed - always have. I'd much rather have gone and sorted out their GSDs myself. At least I know I wonm't do any harm. Furthermore, the 2 of them were just playing - OK so a little roughly but it was only play. There was no aggression there.

What it amounted to was that they weren't listening to their owners when they were playing and neight owner could walk her dog properly on a lead.

So firstly, yes - as a GSD owner I did enjoy seeing the dogs on TV. But no, I was not happy that CM is on TV in the UK or that people from here are so naive or downright stupid that they will allow him near their dogs.

But as I already said - my apoligies if I've misunderstood your post.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Not seen the show but will watch tonight I have to say I kinda "like" him and his methods. Some may not be hat I would do but you do wometimes wonder at the people who own the dogs in the first place. I mean fromthe shows (USA) I have seen who allows their dog to keep their hubby off the sofa/bed, or chase and bite the grandchildren, or has to lock the dog away when visitors come???????? same as Victoria Stillwell cases they the people just amaze me.
Whatever happened to common sense?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Browsing the net and come across something on CM from k9 obedience site:

In 1994, still having had no formal training, he was recommended via word of mouth to film star, Will Smith, to help train Smith's dog. This stroke of luck led to Millan being recommended to other celebrities and from then on his future success and fame was sealed.
Poor Will Smith... and his dog!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Browsing the net and come across something on CM from k9 obedience site:

Poor Will Smith... and his dog!!!
he got called back to them because he did so well with his first dog, that when they had their second and his wife needed help, she phoned him and agreed to be on the series, so you can actually watch that episode..
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
he got called back to them because he did so well with his first dog, that when they had their second and his wife needed help, she phoned him and agreed to be on the series, so you can actually watch that episode..
My respect for Will Smith, has serious declined!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
My respect for Will Smith, has serious declined!
to be fair when CM started out he was nothing like he is now, there were no electronic collars etc, and the update one he did with them, no harsh methods were used that i can remember, maybe he works differently with celebs, as thats where is money came from.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
That is true... but if a "regular" person can train a dog, sure a "celeb" can too?

Anyway, whats done is done... Good luck to them.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
its wills smiths wife that is his biggest fan.. i believe they had/have rottis
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Stumpy wop,When I wrote "I suppose this will be a delight for the owners of the breed"(i.e.German Shepherds ) it was my attempt at being sarcastic- that why I added the next bit"and all us clueless owners who try to train their dogs with kindness).Im really sorry if it came across that I was urging owners of ANY type of dog to watch this programme and follow some of the methods which I have seen C.M use on his shows in America.My 2 dogs were both rescues,1 having been abused in the 2 homes he had prior to coming to me,at age 3 mths.The thought of him being"trained" in C.M .s methods for the many issues his previous owners left him with,makes me feel quite sick.He is the most gentle dog now having been shown that human beings can actually be kind and patient and that he is not going to be hit if he does anything wrong.He now has dementia,poor soul, his "sister,"Lulu, died 12 days ago,aged 14 and I am devastated .Apologies again to any G.S.D owners who mis- understood my post, thank you to all the member of Dogsey who have sent me messages when Ive felt so upset since we lost Lulu.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I attempted to watch this this morning (some comedian's scheduled a morning repeat head to head with Me or the Dog)... I lasted about 15 minutes - he scares me... he's like a botoxed puppet where only his mouth moves and that, coupled with the teeth make him look like he's made of plastic! No wonder (ignoring the "methods") the dogs are scared of him!
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »