View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
i havent watched him in this new series but have been watching victoria stillwell cant make up my mind if shes good cos all the stuff shes telling the owners what to do is common sense! maybe instead of getting these people in start reading up on the breed youre going to get and read a book on dogs!!!its not rocket science.
i had my first ever dog(well ever pet) ace nearly 11 years ago hes still going strong read up on the breed no problem, although saying that still have a problem with the bt BUT we take each day as it comes and shes slowly getting better rather get advise from people i trust thean anyone on tv
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
i havent watched him in this new series but have been watching victoria stillwell cant make up my mind if shes good cos all the stuff shes telling the owners what to do is common sense!
Never underestimate the idiocy of the general public.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Have just read this advert for the 1st programme-
"World renowned dog trainer Cesar Milan is in England to help Absolutely Fabulous actress Harriet Thorpe and her sister
Matilda tame their unruly German Shepherds".
I suppose this will be a delight for all owners of that breed and (all us clueless owners who try to train our dogs with kindness)and that they will all be watching intently to how he works his magic?Its on this Tuesday,8 p.m.National Geography Wild channel,Sky 528.(What did Harriet Thorpe play in Absolutely Fabulous-cant place her- ?)not that Im really at all interested if shes letting "Seizure Milan"anywhere near her dogs with or without his SPECIAL remote control.Would like to think that there would be a lot of adverse reaction after the programme ,but as the last poster Dizzi said-"never underestimate the idiocy of the general public."Perhaps the sale of those lovely non painful collars will go up?God help the poor dogs involved in this series and those whose owners think his methods are the answer to their problems.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Come on then....who's going to apply, then publically disgrace him before he touches your dog????

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Perhaps all us Dogsey folk should go along and boo the smegger off the stage....

Hateful moron that he is!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post
Here, here!!!

I was really enjoying watching the hour long USA episodes on Sky 3 recently, but they suddenly stopped and it's gone back to the British half hour only episodes.
Oh that's a shame.
Her first series wasn't so good and was a bit behind the times, but after that what she did was pretty good on the whole. I do like her, she is a good egg
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I like Milan, some/most of what he does is effective and he seems to have the dogs best interest at heart (he always seems willing to own anything he can't fix for example).

He's been very succesful and has improved dogs lives via his exercise mantra.

I think many people are a bit jealouse tbh.

Adam
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I like Milan, some/most of what he does is effective and he seems to have the dogs best interest at heart (he always seems willing to own anything he can't fix for example).

Adam
Thats a huge surprise

Jealous has no 'e' ---thats another blast for you.

rune
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post

Adam

Well colour me surprised .........NOT
We would expect you to like his methods, being that you go in for the "torturing your dog into submission" type of training

Jann xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post
I just wish he'd b***** off and they'd show some new series of 'It's Me or the Dog' instead....Victoria's a far superior/kinder trainer than Seizure Milan!!!
Yes and I was just watching "It's me or the dog USA" on Sky 1 and in the advert break they did an advert for Cesar Milan for his UK show so it sort of linked him with Victoria Stillwell in a way. Not good as they are not at all the same type of training.

P.S-Seems Victoria is now on Sky 1 instead of Sky 3, was on 8pm this morning.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »