View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh those lorries just cracked me up last night!! My o/h much prefers 5th gear now coz he says that's a REAL programme, unlike this bunch just messing around like little boys, but that's why I love it so much!! I was in hysterics with them messing about with those lorries, and I didn't realise just how hard they are to drive either, which of course, I suppose was the whole point!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I was torn between hilarious laughter and panic....

I have to agree...they are not always relevent but they have amazing chemisty between the 3 of them and they look like they have SO much fun that it makes fantastic TV (IMHO)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2008, 12:59 AM
So it begins, The United Road Transport Union and 188 veiwers have complained about the murdering prostitutes remark and are demanding an apollogy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh I just kneeeeeeewwww it!!! When he said that, I said to Dave, OMG he shouldn't have said that, there'll be letters galore on that one!!! Was a bit off though imo, even though I do find him funny!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I just kneeeeeeewwww it!!! When he said that, I said to Dave, OMG he shouldn't have said that, there'll be letters galore on that one!!! Was a bit off though imo, even though I do find him funny!
Its now 517 complaints, I am waiting for some paper to start a campaign against him. If they continue you will have no funny men on tv and you will be stuck with Russ Abott
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
When you think about it though Phil, WHY on earth didn't they edit that bit out???? They should have KNOWN it would cause a riot. I know he comes out with what he thinks, which is usually quite funny, but imo they should have edited that bit out on both counts, coz he said it twice, just to get his point across!! Considering what's gone on with the other two, this really was the WORST time he could have come out with a faux pas like that!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I dont think they should have as it was a Joke and really not all that bad(a lot worse things are said) Also after the ross/brand carry one if the bbc had bent over on this you would have had complaints over every minor thing on tv.

I have said in the past that 99% of jokes will cause offence to someone in someway and the ones that dont are not very good.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
It was bl@@dy hilarious to me, but then it's not close to home for me if you know what I mean? I don't have a prostitute daughter who might have been raped/killed by a lorry driver, but that's another story I know. Yes, you will always get the Mary Whitehouse Brigade who won't realise IT WAS A JOKE!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It was bl@@dy hilarious to me, but then it's not close to home for me if you know what I mean? I don't have a prostitute daughter who might have been raped/killed by a lorry driver, but that's another story I know. Yes, you will always get the Mary Whitehouse Brigade who won't realise IT WAS A JOKE!!!
I found it funny to, but that proves what I have always said, if you stop telling jokes due to fear of upseting a person/s however small a group you might aswell stop all humour as 99% of jokes will upset at least one person.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Some people have just got far too much time on their hands. As for being offended - save some ink and paper - switch it off and watch something else. That way they can exist in ignorant bliss and others can continue to enjoy whatever they wish to watch.

I really don't know how some people can get through life if they're unable to accept the fact that at some point they will come into contact with something that they find offensive.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >