View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deence7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2005, 04:31 PM
im very new to this.......i will post a pic but i just need alittle help......
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Here is a link to help you post some pics posting pics

If you need any more help just ask one of us DW Mentors.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2005, 04:42 PM
A pitbull will usually weigh between 30 to 50lb maybe abit more, if any heavier then they have usually been bred with something else. AB's go from 60 to 120lb depending on what type of American Bulldog it is ie: Standard/Bully and if its male or female.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 04:50 PM
american bulldogs and pbts are totally different from each other, abds are usually taller and have broader heads and are mainly white in colour.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Yep, they are completely different, to those of us that know. And that's assuming she received a properly bred puppy and not the offspring of 2 dogs that shouldn't have been bred. Really interested to see a photo now.

Proper American Bulldog.

American Pitbull Terrier.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks for posting those pics, I've never seen the American Bulldog before - handsome animal it is too!

Not too disimilar in the head to Rotties or at least in that shot it looks that way.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by sutty
american bulldogs and pbts are totally different from each other, abds are usually taller and have broader heads and are mainly white in colour.
Bear in mind thought that for the untrained eye sometimes the differences are not always easy to tell. Both breeds vary a lot in size and shape so it is difficult to point out one main difference as each dog is different and like I said both breeds come in all shapes & sizes with some AB’s looking like giant English Bulldogs and others with more muzzle and a leaner looking frame then you get the crosses of the two lol. Again with pits you get everything from ones that just look like wee mongrels to the big BYB style dogs with huge heads and wide chests so really without a pedigree or having seen the dog and/or the parents there is no real way of saying what he/she is.

Laura
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 08:40 AM
i totally agree, having kept APBTs for years(as pets only as my husband loves the breed)but i went to anABD show just to have a look and they are gorgeous dogs, very handsome, but a while later , my step daughter (lacking in some grey matter)fell in with some guy who said he had a litter on the way of american bulldogs, so when 14 pups were born, they sold them for £400 each to anyone who could raise the cash, and to be honest, these dogs are crosses, ive seen the mother who is an ABD, but the blokes abit cagey about the father, also they arent registered with the ABD club, i personally think they have been crossed with a staffie, so buyers ,beware, youre not always getting what you think you are.
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2005, 10:20 AM
LMAO was the breeder blind
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Sure Ozzy...AB's are great dogs. My friend has one named Cane and he's the biggest, goofiest, laziest thing you'd ever want to meet. Not to say that's typical of the breed...just Cane.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »