View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:38 AM

5yr Old Black Lab Brothers Need A Home, to be rehomed in mid bedfordshire or surrond

these boys MUST stay together and stay as local to here as possible (mid bedfordshire)

several lab rescues are aware of them but i am trying my hardest to find a home myself as these boys are very special to us and we want the very best of everything for them............and to be able to keep in touch/see them still................hence wanting to keep them as local as possible.

please feel free to copy and cross post their details wherever you think might help find that home, anyone wanting to rehome them will be homechecked and interviewed thoroughly

and if needed at any time in their lives they can always come back to us :0)

details...........................

Mack & Moose have been staying with me since august 2010........this was originally a temporary arrangement until their owner returned from australia,however circumstances have changed and they are now looking for a new family.

Mack & Moose are litter brothers........ they are 5 year old black labradors.

They are looking for a new home as their owner has to care for a family member in australia and after much thought has decided it would be in their best interest to be rehomed rather than put them through a massive journey/quarantine and climate change..........

Mack & Moose need a home together........... they cannot be split up.....
both dogs are castrated......fully vaccinated....microchipped..
and very obedient.

They both have excellent recall although moose has more of a mind of his own than mack who is more of a follower.

They are great with my children (10 & 12)...... good around other dogs..... very easy boys

Moose walks nicely on the lead......Mack pulls a little and needs constant reminders to walk to heal...... but once off lead out in the fields they don't go far from me

they are both excellent around livestock and just ignore sheep/chickens etc on walks.

they are staying with me in mid bedfordshire until the right home comes along............ a home check will be required to adopt these two.

if you would like more information on these two lovelies then please email

Dawn smith alfred.smiths@btinternet.com or call 01234 764459 07789 585766

many thanks for reading and passing along

these boys are 2 very very special boys and deserve only the best !!

dawn x

Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
they are gorgeous ,hope they find a foreverhome soon

..i know how hard this must be for you,but imo you are asking alot for them to stay together and for them to be local so you can stay in touch
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
If only they were females!

I shall keep an ear out for people looking for black labs, we're a bit farther a field than you would like.

Hope they find their forever home soon.
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
they are gorgeous ,hope they find a foreverhome soon

..i know how hard this must be for you,but imo you are asking alot for them to stay together and for them to be local so you can stay in touch

they are totally gorgeous you're right

keeping them local............yes it does narrow the chances of adoption i know,but fortunately we are in a position where the clock is not ticking and we can afford to be as fussy as we like for these boys they can stay here until the perfect home comes along

dawn x
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
If only they were females!

I shall keep an ear out for people looking for black labs, we're a bit farther a field than you would like.

Hope they find their forever home soon.

definately both male but both boys are neutered

thankyou xx
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Have you contacted Dogsblog OP?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, rehoming two dogs together IME is very rare......... I am not sure WHY they HAVE to be rehomed together?
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Have you contacted Dogsblog OP?
no i'm pretty sure that they only list dogs that are registered with rescues....... but thanks for the tip
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes, rehoming two dogs together IME is very rare......... I am not sure WHY they HAVE to be rehomed together?

hi

mack and moose are litter brothers,they have been together their entire lives......... in my opinion and that of their current owner it would be unfair on them to separate them.
the way i describe them to people is that they are two halves of the same personality,they totally compliment one another and have a very strong bond.
i personally know of several pairs of dogs that have been successfully rehomed together..........i don't think it's as rare as you might think

dawn x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Three of mine went to the same home when I had to rehome them, it does work, you just have to wait for the right home.

If it were me I would want them to stay together too, they must be wondering where their owner is, to then seperate them would be cruel...but that's just my opinion.

I hope the right home does materialise for them, they look adorable
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »