Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Why would anyone do this ?

Met a dog on our wander this morning seriously panicked and scared, managed to get it on one of our short leads, not easy when I have two on flexi leads but got there in the end. Looked around for what seemed like ages and finally found the owner chatting on her phone, hadn't even noticed the dog was missing. Now that's bad enough but the dog which seemed once she was feeling safer very friendly was wearing a halti head collar with her lead which was attached to it wound around her snout about 4 times so she couldn't open her mouth !

I pointed out politely her dog was out of control and could have been killed (we were feet away from the A30 when I caught her) and that the lead wrapped around her snout prevented her opening her mouth, only to be told it was her *******g dog and mind my own ******g business !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2013, 10:06 AM
To regress to their level, because they are ........g idiots thats why!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
She sounds delightful Poor wee dog
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Should have took it home with you
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh that poor dog, I so wish people like that would not what a dog, & cannot understand why they do.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
People like her make me soo angry
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Because people feel dogs are their property and they can treat them as they want too...I expect the person would have said the same if you'd returned their child to them. Idiots.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Some people are just like this. They have wronged someone (by accident like this) and when the person that felt wronged gets mad or try and tell them what they have done wrong, they fail to see what the problem is (understandably) and strike back.

Getting mad like this doesn't make one an "idiot" or anything of the sort... if one refers to the dictionary before using said word. It simply makes them easy to anger and most likely not a "people person".

If you used the words "out of control" then I see why she was so mad. I'd have simply told the lady that I found her dog, I'd have not mentioned anything about the possible welfare of the dog or anything such as "out of control". To do this is to both insult her intelligence and to make her out a bad dog owner, both of which would make many people angry.

Now, I might have mentioned that the dogs mouth etc. was tied too tight as well had I seen it, but around here... that demeanor is expected and can have much more severe consequences beside a few swear words.

I guess I am just acclimated to it....
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Maybe the word idot was wrong on thinks occasion.

Uncaring, rude, lacking in empathy for the distress caused to their dog...lots of others would do.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Maybe the word idot was wrong on thinks occasion.

Uncaring, rude, lacking in empathy for the distress caused to their dog...lots of others would do.
It was mean to tie the dogs mouth like that, but it's not as if the woman didn't already know that the dog couldn't open it's mouth. For that was the reason she tied it there. I'd not have told her things she already knew.

If I lived in the UK or where someone might care (unlike where I live)... I'd not even bother returning the dog to her, but rather get the dog into a shelter or place where it could be cared for properly. Clearly she could not have stopped you as she wasn't even paying attention.

If she wanted it that much, she'd have gone and gotten it... which I suspect she wouldn't have.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >