Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
I stand by what I say, and yes I have been in a position where I left everything behind, so dont judge me, you dont know me!!!
I'm not judging you anymore than you are judging others.

We none of us know each others life stories because we also took our chances on the streets so we could keep our dog but that doesn't mean the OP should be required to do so with dogs that don't even belong to her.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well you never know unless you ask. I actually acquired Frankie as a private rehome on here when he was only 20 weeks old.
Unbelievable,you lucky sod
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
One of the things that disturb me about the OPs story is who is actually responsible for the dogs?

Who is responsible for the cost of their food and, more importantly, who is responsible for vet fees should either of the [unwanted] dogs unfortunately become ill or had an accident.

Saying "re-home the dogs" does not sound so easy in this case, as neither of the dogs appear to belong to the OP, even though it would be better for both dogs.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Good point if they did rehome they could be in trouble if the dogs don't belong to them.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I take it the correct authorities would have to try and contact the owners,have them sign the dogs over or do what they should be doing and take care of them!! If they can't be contacted then the OP can sign them over.Watched a similar situation on tv programme the other night from Australia.Imagine the same procedure would apply in this case.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Different laws apply in each country I wouldn't imagine here in UK we could so easily do that. Relevant authorities ? who would that even be in this situation.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Different laws apply in each country I wouldn't imagine here in UK we could so easily do that. Relevant authorities ? who would that even be in this situation.
Animal rescue organisations.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 12:44 PM
The dogs have been abandoned by their owners. I would contact the owners explain I didn't want to keep the dogs and would appreciate them finding a new home for them. I'd give them a timescale and say after that I would deal with it myself. As it currently stands the owners are probably unaware of the Op's boyfriends feelings towards their dogs and won't do anything as ignorance is bliss. No one should feel obliged to care for dogs they don't want and didn't choose to have.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Animal rescue organisations.

None of whom are authorities and would have no right to say to do anything unless the dogs were badly treated.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
The dogs have been abandoned by their owners. I would contact the owners explain I didn't want to keep the dogs and would appreciate them finding a new home for them. I'd give them a timescale and say after that I would deal with it myself. As it currently stands the owners are probably unaware of the Op's boyfriends feelings towards their dogs and won't do anything as ignorance is bliss. No one should feel obliged to care for dogs they don't want and didn't choose to have.
Best idea so far IMO
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Forgive me Julie for not using the correct terminology In this case I don't think the dogs are being treated well..do you?
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >