View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 07:02 PM
*packs overnight bag and checks route to TW's place.

I don't want to end up in the river though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
They are all water babes Sally, except for Cariad of course, she looks hurt if the water comes above her paws

Okomi has the supplies packed

And Taran is checking out the terrain

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Not accusing you but some people have found us less than welcoming have a look in the breed section it has been raised on a couple of threads in there.
I suspect that Julie has not been around for sometime and perhaps hasn't realised that a lot of the cynical and less tolerant members have in fact left
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Tawneywolf, I keep meaning to ask you if you are Welsh or if you just chose a Welsh name for Cariad?

I always thought my second daughter would be called Cariad, Cari for short, but in the end we called her Carys.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Cariad and Lona came from the Llyn Peninsula in Wales, so they have Welsh names (Lona is actually Maelona meaning Princess, so all her daughters have Princess in their names) However Cariad is also named after a horse one of my sons rode when we were camping at a trekking centre in Wales many many years ago. She was called Cariad.
Fast forward 10 years and a friend and I used to break and school horses, had stallions and sometimes sold horses on behalf of people. One day this bay mare came up, and she was called Carrie, the girl who owned her was unable to keep her due to losing her job, the farmer where she was stabled brought her over to us. In conversation it turned out she was in fact Cariad from that trekking centre!!!!
Taran lives in Wales (not far from where Cariad and Lona were born actually) and his name means Thunder (I think) in Welsh!!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes it does mean thunder! Wow so you Cariad was meant to be with you!

My my daughters are Merryn Gwenllian .. Also a princess (and was my granny's name) and Carys is Carys Bryony. My names obviously Welsh but we also have a Meredydd, a Tegwen, a Lowri, am Elis, a Iolo and many many more Welsh names in our family. : )
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I actually picked their names and their breeder liked them so much she made them their pedigree names!!!
Will come to you if I need Welsh names then, which I may do in the future
Taran is called Thunder because his daddy was called Storm and there isn't a Welsh word for storm, Taran's posh name is Desert Storm and Okomi is Crimson Storm
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Shaggy2 View Post
June - your 'wolves' are the real deal as far as I'm concerned.
Julie - Don't be so sensitive . All dogs are welcome here and nobody is judged .... if they are they shouldn't be. Pedigree and mongrels are virtually the same genetically anyway and there are probably as many cross breeds here as pedigrees. I grew up with a mongrel dog who was the fittest most healthy dog we ever owned.
I am not being sensitive doesn't bother me in the slightest who does what just wanted to make the point was all.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I suspect that Julie has not been around for sometime and perhaps hasn't realised that a lot of the cynical and less tolerant members have in fact left

Hasn't been around ? I am here everyday and have been for years I would hardly pay to support the site if I wasn't going to use it. What an odd comment...
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi LLama treking is about 112 but you get lunch and breakfast,I just love them,do you remember Dr Dplittle the pushmepullyou,they were two llamas but very lazy.Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I can see you are only trying to make Julie feel better but perhaps should have checked how often Julie posts before typing that!

I admit to laughing at some of the 'names' some of the dogs are now given but I have no 'snobbery' about dogs at all - I do however understand what Julie meant. I've detected it too at times - a sort of disdain for some breeds over others.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »