Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Diann
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2017, 08:58 PM

Entering avnsc

Hi, I'm a little confused about the rule to enter avnsc classes ,my gsp is only a minor puppy and at a lot of the open shows there is no puppy class sometimes only an open , but there is avnsc puppy classes , my question is does she have to be entered in the open class so I can enter her in the avnsc minor puppy class ? Hope I have made myself clear enough .
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
If there is even one class for your breed, the breed is Classified, so you can not enter AVNSC classes. You would have to enter the Any Variety, or AV Gundog classes.

After a long trial period, the KC has suspended the rule which states that you must have entered and exhibited in a breed class where provided, for certain categories of entry - which includes age related classes like puppy and veteran. If a puppy class is provided for your breed, you must enter that class, but if not, you are free to just enter AV Gundog Puppy, and/or AV Puppy classes.