Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 09:29 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 6th March

Good morning sleepy heads

Lovely morning here. One load of bedding on the line and another in the wash. Out early to Tesco so another month's shopping done, sorted and stowed away. Now for a coffee

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Morning Sue
Mums had a meeting at work and she might have a permanent job instead of redundancy....it depends on the other man, he's had 2 strokes and is currently off.....they think his wife will now put her foot down and tell him to take redundancy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 12:03 PM
Afternoon Sue, griff and all to follow.
Lovely chilly breezy day here and towels on the line.

Well done Sue with the shopping. You deserve your coffee.
Hope mum gets the job if that's what she wants griff.

Well got myself into a right tizzy today. Scaffolding going up next door, second time in a few months. Very very noisy.
Also back of their truck parked across part of our drive, which is ok as we can ask them to move if we needed to get out. Then looked out and someone think they went into the park parked as close as they can to the truck so we were totally blocked in. I asked the scaffolders if it was anything to do with them it wasn't.
We then had a discussion about inconsiderate parking. I was saying next door one side has 3 cars on the road and one on the drive he lives on his own so only ever drives one car at a time and one of them has never been used since we moved here 18 months ago. This is the guy having the scaffolding put up again.
He does alternate the van and estate. Then the other side have 3 cars on the road all used and a camper on the drive. All are guilty of parking their bumper front or back just across our drive sometimes making it difficult to get on with the Chrysler.
Left gates open to prove a point. Anyway they are gone ow and the scaffolders are nearly done.
Been a moany day as I had also noticed the scaffold poles were on our fascia boards, Gorden said that's ok if they have the caps on so I popped out and had a chat and they told me they have the caps on and I said they won't damage the boards in any way I hope.
They have reassured me they won't.

Now hoping for a rest of the day moan free. Lauren has her 20 week scan today.

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 12:30 PM
Ahhhhhh Lynn, it's bloody annoying when people don't tell you that they are having work done that will impact on you....the scaffolders should have knocked your door and asked was it o.k to put the poles against your fascias. We had no end of trouble with next door...as you know, we put a note through all the doors even though the scaffolding was all in our property and the work was during permitted hours, the one garden the workmen needed access to was pammys and we asked her if it was o.k....it was no problem at all, it's just manners really
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 12:56 PM
I was a little miffed griff that we weren't asked. I shall be keeping an eye on the fascia boards and be watching when scaffolding comes down to make sure there is no damage.
Also I know the name of the company not a million miles from here.

The other side are having the fence replaced by a brick wall and they let us know last year that's what they were hoping to do and have now confirmed the date it starts , they know we let Dillon out in the front when we go for walks with no lead till we get to the gate so we now from what date to leash him behind side gate and not let him out till work is done.

Baby Pope growing well all good but Lauren had some bad news one of her brothers has been diagnosed with throat cancer. They are scanning him asap to make sure it hasn't spread. What with Margaret last week now Lauren's brother it's been a week I can tell you.
I am hoping being young and fit he is in his 30's a dad that he will respond to treatment like Maca's brother.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2021, 01:47 PM
Ok I went down the path and checked the scaffolding against our fascia so did Gorden. The path is for the houses along that terrace to access their back gardens thy have split gardens. We never use it as we do not need to and we cannot access any part of our property from it.
The side of our bungalow runs alongside it though and so does our guttering, fascia boards and telephone wire and box which has also been compromised.
We only use the path top clean gutters and do maintenance on that side if necessary.
Well there is only 1 pole out of 4 touching our fascia that has a cap, the side of our fascia (corner )has been knocked and our telephone wire to our little box is taught over the wire.

I rang the scaffold company and pointed out the problem about the poles and they are coming tomorrow to sort it but as Gorden says the damage will be done so they will have to sort any damage.
Roofers turned up a short while ago and checked it after I saw them and had a chat, they said it done wrongly they informed their boss and have assured us anything that is damaged will be rectified.
His neighbour joined onto him tried to get through with her bike and it wasn't easy and she nearly snagged her coat on one of the bolts which should of been covered.
So no one is very happy.

What prompted me to go out and check and take photos was I read they should of had our permission to put anything against our property. First we knew was the bl**dy noise this morning.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning sleepy heads

Lovely morning here. One load of bedding on the line and another in the wash. Out early to Tesco so another month's shopping done, sorted and stowed away. Now for a coffee

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Good morning Sue sounds a productive morning.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning Sue
Mums had a meeting at work and she might have a permanent job instead of redundancy....it depends on the other man, he's had 2 strokes and is currently off.....they think his wife will now put her foot down and tell him to take redundancy
That's good news Griff, do you think your Moms health is up to full time? and was her job not permanent orginally?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Sue, griff and all to follow.
Lovely chilly breezy day here and towels on the line.

Well done Sue with the shopping. You deserve your coffee.
Hope mum gets the job if that's what she wants griff.

Well got myself into a right tizzy today. Scaffolding going up next door, second time in a few months. Very very noisy.
Also back of their truck parked across part of our drive, which is ok as we can ask them to move if we needed to get out. Then looked out and someone think they went into the park parked as close as they can to the truck so we were totally blocked in. I asked the scaffolders if it was anything to do with them it wasn't.
We then had a discussion about inconsiderate parking. I was saying next door one side has 3 cars on the road and one on the drive he lives on his own so only ever drives one car at a time and one of them has never been used since we moved here 18 months ago. This is the guy having the scaffolding put up again.
He does alternate the van and estate. Then the other side have 3 cars on the road all used and a camper on the drive. All are guilty of parking their bumper front or back just across our drive sometimes making it difficult to get on with the Chrysler.
Left gates open to prove a point. Anyway they are gone ow and the scaffolders are nearly done.
Been a moany day as I had also noticed the scaffold poles were on our fascia boards, Gorden said that's ok if they have the caps on so I popped out and had a chat and they told me they have the caps on and I said they won't damage the boards in any way I hope.
They have reassured me they won't.

Now hoping for a rest of the day moan free. Lauren has her 20 week scan today.

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe.
Lord Lynn you have a worrisome morning haven't you; you sound like a cuckoo in a clock in and out.....LOL How lovely 20 week scan.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I was a little miffed griff that we weren't asked. I shall be keeping an eye on the fascia boards and be watching when scaffolding comes down to make sure there is no damage.
Also I know the name of the company not a million miles from here.

The other side are having the fence replaced by a brick wall and they let us know last year that's what they were hoping to do and have now confirmed the date it starts , they know we let Dillon out in the front when we go for walks with no lead till we get to the gate so we now from what date to leash him behind side gate and not let him out till work is done.

Baby Pope growing well all good but Lauren had some bad news one of her brothers has been diagnosed with throat cancer. They are scanning him asap to make sure it hasn't spread. What with Margaret last week now Lauren's brother it's been a week I can tell you.
I am hoping being young and fit he is in his 30's a dad that he will respond to treatment like Maca's brother.
Flipping heck that's worrying for her. My brother in law is being tested for throat cancer at the moment had a phone call from his GP to ask on Thursday if there was any history in the family and there is his Dad and Uncle both had throat cancer and passed away with it but both in their 80's Stu is only 63.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >