Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
The amount of pups that are put into many tears because of defects seems to be increasing ...

Every thing from bald patches to missing limbs .

I suppose there were always born but dealt with by the breeder the old ways
Yep possible to be honest it never ever crossed my mind with Hope to do anything but keep her. We checked with the vets and he said she would have a normal life and wasn't in pain or distressed. I still see her every week and love her to bits.
Its breeders like this that give us all a bad name hun, makes my blood boil
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Totally agree!! The breeder should be caring for this pup, not stretching a rescue's resources by leaving it up to them! If they can't afford the pups upkeep, they shouldn't be breeding in the first place. If they aren't willing to deal reponsibilty with the difficult issues in breeding, they shouldn't be breeding.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Totally agree!! The breeder should be caring for this pup, not stretching a rescue's resources by leaving it up to them! If they can't afford the pups upkeep, they shouldn't be breeding in the first place. If they aren't willing to deal reponsibilty with the difficult issues in breeding, they shouldn't be breeding.
My sentiments exactly
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post

You are preaching to the converted ..

Alas these breeders think of one thing and i dont think its the pups well being ...
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:42 AM
So very sad, she is so beautiful! I hope she finds a good home soon.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:44 AM
You are preaching to the converted ..

Alas these breeders think of one thing and i dont think its the pups well being ...
Yep money by the sound of it hun.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2011, 11:48 AM
There is another roan pup from I assume the same litter with sight issues and a deformed front leg on many tears too ...

Has got to be bad breeding ..
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:50 AM
There is another roan pup from I assume the same litter with sight issues and a deformed front leg on many tears too ...

Has got to be bad breeding ..
Definately, Hope's was because she got an infection at birth and the eye didn,t form right. Had it been hereditary the mum would have been spayed.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:51 AM
The amount of pups that are put into many tears because of defects seems to be increasing ...

Every thing from bald patches to missing limbs .

I suppose there were always born but dealt with by the breeder the old ways
not to mention the number of cockers that wind up on re homming sites with heart murmers but even so I would rather see the pups end up in re homming centres were they could be given a second chance with a good home.

Breeders don't have to keep their pups it doesn't make them any less responsible.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
not to mention the number of cockers that wind up on re homming sites with heart murmers but even so I would rather see the pups end up in re homming centres were they could be given a second chance with a good home.

Breeders don't have to keep their pups it doesn't make them any less responsible.

Yes it does any reputable breeder that was in for the love of the breed wouldnt dream of sending any puppy to a rescue centre, healthy or not. You have a responsibility of care its part and parcel of breeding.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >