View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Mariah 8 week old Cocker Spaniel pup(sight issues)

13-10-11 Mariah is an 8 week old Cocker Spaniel pup. She has come to us from a breeder who has been unable to sell her as sadly she has site problems. She can distinguish between light and dark but has very limited vision. Despite not being able to see she is very confident and friendly and nothing phases this little girl. She will need another dog in her new home who can be her eyes and her friend. She loves a cuddle and will be someone's special girl.

At many tears ...
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Aww what a gorgeous girly. Her markings are beautiful!

Heres hoping she finds her forever home soon x
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Soo cute!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Its My fav markings too...
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Oooooooh she's lovely

I'm not fazed at all now about taking a unseeing dog - they certainly have an extra special bond with their owners

*sigh* if only

If anyone takes her and wants some tips - feel free to ask
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 06:02 AM
if only I had a job but I keep telling myself I don't want another cocker dunno why not o.0
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 09:26 AM
She's lovely but what the hell are the breeders doing putting any pup in rescue, never mind a sight impaired one.
I know when we had Molly (hope for the older members) she would have stayed her for life if mum's best friend hadnt stepped in and taken her.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
She's lovely but what the hell are the breeders doing putting any pup in rescue, never mind a sight impaired one.
I know when we had Molly (hope for the older members) she would have stayed her for life if mum's best friend hadnt stepped in and taken her.
Sadly some breeders can't afford to keep on puppies they did the right thing sending her to a re homming centre they could have been really bad and abandond her or worse drown her, their are some really nasty breeders out their but I don't think sending a pup to a re homming centre with impaired sight is such a bad thing after all far worse could happen.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Sadly some breeders can't afford to keep on puppies they did the right thing sending her to a re homming centre they could have been really bad and abandond her or worse drown her, their are some really nasty breeders out their but I don't think sending a pup to a re homming centre with impaired sight is such a bad thing after all far worse could happen.
If they cant afford to keep puppies that may have problems or just dont sell they shouldnt be breeding.
Responsible breeding means having the room, money and facilities to look after [B]every[B] puppy from the moment its born til the day sadly it dies.
If anyone has to rehome one of mine it would come back here.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
The amount of pups that are put into many tears because of defects seems to be increasing ...

Every thing from bald patches to missing limbs .

I suppose there were always born but dealt with by the breeder the old ways
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >