Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fredsmumshelley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Oh what a darling... I hope she finds a home asap.. its such a shame she is dog aggressive, could this be worked on? I have never dealt with this issue (I have the opposite!) so not sure if it could be worked on... fingers crossed for her anyway.
hi, im shelley ive been walking melissa, thankyou karen for all the help

i think with the right help she will make a great dog, i have successfully walked her up and down past the horses, and so far she hasnt bothered with them, weve walked past birds and wildlife in the bushes, and she has been fine ... dogs in the distance she will pick up on, but is easily distracted with food, dogs close up are a no no unless you are a strong person and are able to hold her back, she needs a lot of work with her dog agression, shes continuosly stressed at the kennels so is struggling to put any weight on!
someone was interested in homing melissa recently, but infortunately the kennels had to say no as the person already had a dog and no experience of a dog like melissa
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by fredsmumshelley View Post
hi, im shelley ive been walking melissa, thankyou karen for all the help

i think with the right help she will make a great dog, i have successfully walked her up and down past the horses, and so far she hasnt bothered with them, weve walked past birds and wildlife in the bushes, and she has been fine ... dogs in the distance she will pick up on, but is easily distracted with food, dogs close up are a no no unless you are a strong person and are able to hold her back, she needs a lot of work with her dog agression, shes continuosly stressed at the kennels so is struggling to put any weight on!
someone was interested in homing melissa recently, but infortunately the kennels had to say no as the person already had a dog and no experience of a dog like melissa

your doing a great Job Shelley
lets hope the warden doesn't get suspicious
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear Melissa still hasn't found a home.

Lets hope it happens soon.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Awwww I wish I could help I hope she finds her home soon....
DeVlaeminck
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Shelley

Can't help with this dog I'm afraid but where is the council dog pound in Derby. It's likely that we will be looking at rescues when we get our next dog - which is likely to be in the next year or so.

Thanks
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by DeVlaeminck View Post
Shelley

Can't help with this dog I'm afraid but where is the council dog pound in Derby. It's likely that we will be looking at rescues when we get our next dog - which is likely to be in the next year or so.

Thanks
Hi the place is called

Brookfield Kennels
Acorn Way
Derby
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
We met Melissa when we picked Tess up, although she barked at us there was no menence in her, she just wanted a fuss.

She is a lovely dog and so deserves a real home for life xxxxxxx Good luck in finding one we have our fingers xxxxxxx
fredsmumshelley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
Hi the place is called

Brookfield Kennels
Acorn Way
Derby
cheers karen

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
We met Melissa when we picked Tess up, although she barked at us there was no menence in her, she just wanted a fuss.

She is a lovely dog and so deserves a real home for life xxxxxxx Good luck in finding one we have our fingers xxxxxxx
im glad you think so too, shes a lovely girl xxx
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Melissa went to the East Midlands Rescue 26th of April,
and bless her heart she is not doing too well she seems to have lost more weight since she left the Derbyshire dog Pound

http://www.eastmidlandsdogrescue.org..._a_home_6.html
the dog pound had her as a St Bernard X
the rescue have her down as a Boxer X.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 03:34 PM
ooh my the poor thing I so hope she finds a special home soon - she looks sad, unloved and neglected
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >