View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 09:14 PM
fingers crossed, a lady from one of the St Bernard rescues is going to see her on monday
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 12:22 AM
If not you know many tears will always find a place, they take aggressive dogs and StBernards, might be worth trying them too as backup
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
If not you know many tears will always find a place, they take aggressive dogs and StBernards, might be worth trying them too as backup
thanks i will do that
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 05:03 PM
finally have a pic of Melissa she is a St Bernard Cross
this is what Shelley said today

as you know, i have taken melissa the animal agressive dog out today!... i was a little unsure of what to expect after things i had been told by some of the work experience,

WELL.........

she was absolutely scrummy, my only regret is not taking her out sooner than today, she barked at the other dogs in their kennels on the way past, but nothing i couldnt handle,... we went for a walk down the long drive first so we could get a feel for one another, we didnt need the muzzle and we didnt need the halti .... as soon as she knew who was boss, she walked like a dream, she tried to pull for the first few mins, but what do you expect when she hasnt been walked since she has been at the kennels, after we sorted our selves out, she walked perfectly to heel on a slip lead. i took her where there would be no dogs or anyone else around and tbh i could have walked her for miles

we did see a dog from a distance and she did strain at the lead, but she was easily distracted with treats, we will slowly work our way up to gettting nearer to other dogs

with a little time and patience and maybe as an only animal in the house, melissa will make the perfect companion, she is very loving, very intellignt and quick to learn, and with the right owner who has plenty of patience and agressive dog experience, she will do just fine, in my honest opinion shes not the most agressive dog i have met, but then we havent met any on a walk yet, so time will tell

we have to find this girl a home before her time runs out and she cant be shifted about and name changed any longer but she needs to go to a HOME if there is someone out there that is willing to take the time to work with her.
MELISSA

MELISSA
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh what a darling... I hope she finds a home asap.. its such a shame she is dog aggressive, could this be worked on? I have never dealt with this issue (I have the opposite!) so not sure if it could be worked on... fingers crossed for her anyway.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
thanks i will do that
Any luck?, she is gorge
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 09:42 PM
No luck yet with the rescue's but it's a proper home she needs more than another kennel

Oh what a darling... I hope she finds a home asap.. its such a shame she is dog aggressive, could this be worked on? I have never dealt with this issue (I have the opposite!) so not sure if it could be worked on... fingers crossed for her anyway
. her dog walker Shelley is working on this at the moment.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2010, 03:39 AM
hope she finds a forever home!!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:10 PM
phoned every S/B rescue today she has been added to the list of re-homings but no room at the inn
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I hope she finds a new home soon so sad, any joy with many tears? x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >