View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks griff, mine are overspoilt too, that's why I'm going to buy them one of these I just showed o/h and he thinks it's great for them too I also told him to keep it clean and fresher, I might stick it down the bottom where the sun don't shine! Lol! I meant the bottom of the garden under the big trees!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
With a hosepipe ban, you can fill up your swimming pool, paddling pool or spa using a hose, but you're not allowed to water your garden or wash your car with a hose.

Hosepipes and high-pressure jets can be used to clean windows and garden paths. And you can fill your watering can and water butt with your hose.

However, if they go to the next stage and get a Drought order, they can stop all non-essential use of water - including water used for commercial uses eg car washes, public swimming pools, grass tennis courts, golf greens etc.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks roy, that's all very interesting and informative for me, and it looks like where I am we'll be in the drought situation by the time the summer really hits
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
you might find these useful i think if you use the chemicals and cleaner you shouldn't need to replace the water too often if at all (not certain though)delivery on orders upto £50 is £7.50
pool cleaner
http://www.directforless.co.uk/produ...fm?product=590
and chemicals
http://www.directforless.co.uk/produ...fm?product=395
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks griff. Have you used the cleaners before? It won't harm the dogs will it? I think I've got to go for the cover too as I have so many trees and large shrubs around that all the leaves and stuff get in there. I'm thinking I might not let the dogs in there now, I might just keep it for myself!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Thanks griff. Have you used the cleaners before? It won't harm the dogs will it? I think I've got to go for the cover too as I have so many trees and large shrubs around that all the leaves and stuff get in there. I'm thinking I might not let the dogs in there now, I might just keep it for myself!
as far as i am aware the chemiclas shouldn't harm the dogs as they are meant for pools that humans use,also hydrotherapy pools are treated with chemicals so long as you follow the instructions and don't leave the chemicals lying around(which i know you wouldn't )we only got ours because diesel needs hydrotherapy and we can't get in until 27th may doese seem too nice for the dogs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2