Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 10:32 AM

What could it be? Season question

A friends 5y/o bitch came into season in April, it was only a light season, with only a few days blood, but she did smell a bit, but yesterday they noticed that she is back in season, is that too far away to be a split season? And what else could it be?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Chaz, Its not unheard of for split season to be so far apart.
Sorry i dont have much advice, hopefully some one else will
If she is overly concerned though a quick call to the vets will put her mind at rest!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a split season to me, Ela is a pain for doing the same. She started bleeding on 27 april then stopped and started again on 20/21st may. She is still bleeding now but seems to be nearing the end now at last.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
A friends 5y/o bitch came into season in April, it was only a light season, with only a few days blood, but she did smell a bit, but yesterday they noticed that she is back in season, is that too far away to be a split season? And what else could it be?
Hi Chaz , what signs are there that the bitch is back in season? Does she have a discharge, is she well or slightly subdued/ drinking a little more than usual ?.

As precaution any sudden discharge appearing some weeks after a season should always be checked by a vet to rule out the possibility of Pyometra. Time is of the essence when catching and treating Pyometra...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 12:43 PM
With these symptoms and a bitch of this age, I`d be seeking a vet appointment. I hope it isn`t anything serious, but it is important to check IMO.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
what do you mean by smell?

she smells now from that area? if she is off her food or not herself in anyway i would seek a vets help...

i had 2 staffy bitches and they never had a split season so cant help you on that...but my Maddy did get pyo...and needed urgent surgery..sorry to be bleak but with pyo time is of the essence...let us know how she goes xxx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks everyone, I would of replied sooner but I've only had my phone (still have) and I don't like replying to anything more serious on it as it cuts of after 5 mins of writing and other things too.

I will tell them to go to the vets, they told me that she came into season after they noticed a bloody discharge, but she's always been a smelly bitch when in season, more so then some others, but it seems normal for her, I have said they should of got her spayed ages ago but they never did. Fingers crossed its just a split season though.