Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 12:01 PM

We're doing a training demo tomorrow!

At a Chesterfield fun day

My dog trainer friends who's classes I have attended with Takara asked me if I would go with them to a fun day to do a training demo

Dave will be explaining it while Liz will be working with their dog Freddie, and I will also be working Takara. They asked if I would do some obedience and tricks with her.

I'm so chuffed to have been asked - just really hope that she works for me now!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Excellent. Have fun
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 12:12 PM
What an honour
I bet Takara will do really well, good luck, let us know how you get on.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 03:50 PM
hi thats great news hun i hope you taking a friend to take lots of pics for all of us.... have a great time
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Good luck for tomorrow!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys,

Unfortunately we didn't get any pics but today went really well.

There was Liz and Dave with Freddie the dog from Boneyfido training and another dog trainer, Yolande Bosman and her dog and then Takara and I.

We went in the ring and had to do basic obedience and attention exercises while Dave spoke on the mic and then I demonstrated how to teach a 'spin' (in a tight circle) with Takara while Dave talked through it, then Yolande and Liz did the same.

After that, Liz and Freddie competed against Takara and I to do a basket ball race (which dog could get their basketball and put it through the hoop first).

It was a long day for Takara, who having never done a full day like that is now fast asleep! She did quite stressed but it was a case of having no alternative but to stay and I'm now quite tired from keeping her occupied otherwise she was barking a lot!

One thing really pleased me though, not only did she work fantastically in the ring, offlead in front of loads of people with the wind at high speeds making it all quite stressful for dogs, but kids kept running upto her on the stall and she was so, so good. She just let them fuss her, and seemed to cope so well with it - even when a little boy came and put all of his weight on her back!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Well done to you both! You should be proud of yourself and Takara.
xx
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Glad it went well for you, sounds like it was a great experience for both of you.

I've been asked by Flynn's gundog trainer to do a demo with him at a local show in the Derbyshire Dales. They've got plenty of retrievers and spaniels but want some HPR's for variety so fingers crossed Flynn decides to behave!

They only have a handful of spectators but it's still nice to be asked!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Lottie;1413640]Thanks guys,

Unfortunately we didn't get any pics but today went really well.

There was Liz and Dave with Freddie the dog from Boneyfido training and another dog trainer, Yolande Bosman and her dog and then Takara and I.

We went in the ring and had to do basic obedience and attention exercises while Dave spoke on the mic and then I demonstrated how to teach a 'spin' (in a tight circle) with Takara while Dave talked through it, then Yolande and Liz did the same.

After that, Liz and Freddie competed against Takara and I to do a basket ball race (which dog could get their basketball and put it through the hoop first).

It was a long day for Takara, who having never done a full day like that is now fast asleep! She did quite stressed but it was a case of having no alternative but to stay and I'm now quite tired from keeping her occupied otherwise she was barking a lot!

One thing really pleased me though, not only did she work fantastically in the ring, offlead in front of loads of people with the wind at high speeds making it all quite stressful for dogs, but kids kept running upto her on the stall and she was so, so good. She just let them fuss her, and seemed to cope so well with it - even when a little boy came and put all of his weight on her back [QUOTE]
Why must they do that???
Well done both of you, sounds like you did very well.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 10:12 PM
thanks guys, I am very, very proud of her! She's been fast asleep ever since we got home.

Nippy - I don't know, the worst thing is - the parents never said anything, in fact they weren't even around most of the time!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >