View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elle bee
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes i do now how to use queens english i am british you no it just that it you what is lagging behind.
and i didnt say that i wanted to mate her at 16 month's so i dont now where you lot got it from.
i said that how old do a pug bitch have to be
not could i breed her at 16 months
And yes my both dogs am pedigree and kc reg and with round abouit 15 campions in there 5 generation pedigree
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:49 AM
My dog has over 30 champions in his pedigree, it doesn't mean he is any good for mating. He is good enough but that is besides the point, only one other of his 8 litter brothers and sisters are up to a high enough standard.

You can put 2 champions together and it doesn't necessarily mean that the pups will be a good enough example to breed from.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Did the breeder of your pugs not put endorsements on the dogs. According to your profile Millie and Milo are your first dogs. I would be learning a lot more about the breed for a number of years before even contemplating breeding. As McGregorkh has said, having champions in your pedigrees doesn't mean everything. How do you know that your dogs are good enough to breed from and how do you know that your male even ties in with your bitch? That's something that comes with years of experience not with your first dogs. Both your dogs are young, so why are you interested in breeding anyway. Be happy with what you have. Pugs have enough problems with bad breeding and with respect if you don't know what age a bitch is best to be mated. You are not even close to ready to even think about having a litter. Are you aware of the risk to the bitch if she has problems and you don't know what to do? Just enjoy your dogs. They're babies
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I totally agree the price of pug pups is astronomical for some reason. I think thats why lota of unscruplous people are buying pairs and jumping on the bandwagon twisted:
maggieschnauzer
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree......
elle bee
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:26 AM
yes i have had other dogs be for i had my pugs i had a staffy what had skin dezise and she had to pts she was only 4 years old . and i only put how many champions on here cus some body ask but no matter what i put you al ways change it in some way.ive had a bit of expirence with puppy's as my mom had a dog and never now that she
was pregnant and had a puppy but sadly she died and had to bring the puppy up from day 2 all the hard work paid of
as my older sister as got him .
anyways i ask how old they have to be because i have bin looking on the internet and there are different answer for everythink
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2008, 10:13 AM
and i only put how many champions on here cus some body ask but no matter what i put you al ways change it in some way.
No one asked how many champions they had unless you mean this quote from Patch.
Assuming they are KC registered and with good pedigrees,
What you write doesn't get changed at all, we are all trying to give you sensible advice that you asked for. You seem very young and inexperienced and with all of the dogs that are in rescue people generally become concerned and try to point you in the right direction. Breeding dogs is easy, breeding dogs of sound health, conformation and temperament and doing it correctly and ethically, is very much harder, but is something everyone should aim to do. Hence the reason why you have been give the brilliant advice on this thread.

In answer to your original question you should wait at least 2 years which is what people have said before.
elle bee
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2008, 10:20 AM
i tell you what i will delte this because somebody did ask how many champions my dogs have all it is doing is making me look like am idoit so i posting no more comments
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Okay................................
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Nobody is trying to make you look like an idiot, as you are doing ok on your own.

All you have been given on this thread is good sound advice, but for some reason you have taken offence to it, why I really don't know.

Also you stated in post 11 that you do know how to use the Queen's English, can I please suggest that you spell it correctly then.

dezise is spelt:- disease, mom is spelt:- mum and idoit is spelt:- idiot to name just a few of your errors.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >