Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 08:52 AM

Some suggestions please - updated 7/7/04

After 3 months of no accidents in the house Tam has started to wet and leave parcels during the night again. It's not every night just most nights and we are both getting really frustrated by it. She has been to the vets to check for infections but nothing and was wondering if you guys could come up with suggestions to help me get her back on the right track again.

I am fortunate in a way because she will wee by the backdoor.

Forgot to tell you, I know it's her because we have set up our camcorder to film them during the nights.
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

05-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Something must be upsetting her I think Staffy do you know what time of night she does it, perhaps she is being woken by a noise outside. Sorry not much of a help.

I sometimes get one of my outside dogs being dirty in the night and then it stops.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 09:05 AM
It's about 3:30-4:00am we think as the date and time aren't set properly on the camera.
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

05-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Sounds like something is waking her up, have you tried leaving a radio on for her, it might hide what ever is waking her.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Have you changed her feeding times, or made any other alteration in your normal routine?

If not, it could be that she has been disturbed by a noise outside. If you don't think that is the cause you could try taking her out for her final toilet break a bit later. If that doesn't work it would be worthwhile (to me anyway ) to set the alarm for around 2.00am and take her outside.
Gives you all plenty of time to get back to sleep.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I think it's going to have to be the alarm clock at 3:00am

We tried the later times but she still wet. I let her out the other night at midnight or just after and she still wet in the kitchen.
Meg
Supervisor

05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi Staffy, if I may add 2 points to the excellent advice above. If it is hotter your dog may be drinking more, also it does get very light very early at this time of year can you draw blinds?. Going with what Shadow B says, yes I would most definately get up in the night and keep extending the time a little so your dog does not get into the habit of going out at a certain time in the night Puppies like toddlers do sometimes regress a little and if you can get up a few night and nip it in the bud before it becomes a habit all the better
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks Minihaha. Tam is a 5 year old who we had back in November.

Got other half to put blackout blinds up in my kitchen a few weeks ago as they were waking up at some silly time barking and I didn't want to upset the neighbours.
Meg
Supervisor

05-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by staffy
Thanks Minihaha. Tam is a 5 year old who we had back in November.

Got other half to put blackout blinds up in my kitchen a few weeks ago as they were waking up at some silly time barking and I didn't want to upset the neighbours.
Hi Staffy Sorry I thought she must be a puppy. Adult dogs don't very often start to do this sort of thing unless there is a change in routine/food/ill.Is she spayed or is a season due? I hope the problem sorts itself out soon
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

05-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Good point about seasons Mini.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >