Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Poor Poppy, hope she's ok now and that you feel better too. Hope she's not put off all other dogs, hopefully it sounds as if she was fine with the ones she saw whilst out with your oh.
Yea she had a lovely walk and met up with all her friends, including a staffy
Elaine xx

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe, hope your all feeling a bit better now x
Getting there shona, falling down water is helping heaps (hic)
Elaine xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Oh Elaine, i've only just seen this hope little poppy is okay, and not affected by it

I know exactly how you feel as Skye was attacked 3 wks ago also by a staff while we were in P@H we were paying at the till, and a woman walked in with two staffs, one being held by her child who was about 5yrs old it took one look at Skye, lunged, pulled the kid flat on his face, and pinned Skye to the groung by her throat the stupid woman was so busy shouting at the kid for letting the lead go i kept calm(don't ask me how!) and asked her to remove her dog to which she said i can't he'll bite me i managed to get him off by lifting his back legs and thankfully Skye was just bruised and not punctured
As a result of being attacked by the staff and previously by a labrador AND a boxer, Skye seems to hate ALL short haired dogs hope your experience doesn't affect Poppy like that

Love & (((hugs))) for you both

Jann
XXXXX
Thanks Jann, she is ok sleeping at the moment, I think I was shocked more than her, she is a bit quiet, but that is to be expected. Will let you know how she is tomorrow
Thanks for all your support
Elaine xxxxx
ps that attack must have been dreadful, how irresponsible letting a 5 year old be in control of a dog....any dog
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Hope Poppy is feeling better soon.

I wasnt going to post as I not entirely sure what I want to say, and I dont want to take over the thread, but I would just like to address two things:

If both dogs were offlead and had a tiff, although you can ask the neighbour to pay your vet bill, she doesnt have to as the way its seen is neither dog was under control.

The whole deed not breed comment from Boxer Boy, you may say that the breed is responsible for lots of the deeds, but in my experience with my staffie, we have been attacked twice by black labs, and twice by JRt's, so I could say in my experience thats been the breed to avoid for me, but am sure many would disagree with me on that.

It is very upsetting to hear about staffies attacking other dogs but it does happen, just as any other dogs attack others...

I will say though that had it been a full blown attack I think Poppy would have come off a good bit worse, and if she managed to bite the staffie too I think it sounds like fight over the ball rather than an out and out attack for no reason..

However Elaine you having been there would know better than me. But it may be worth trying to re introduce the dogs with no food or toys in the way !!! Has she previously had any problems with the dog??

Hugs to poppy,
dani
Thanks Dani,
I did say in an earlier post that I did NOT want this to turn into a hate Staffys thread. I have met Staffys that have been fine,
I think your right it was the Ball thing, However, the attack was instant and the Staffy went in with a viscousness that I have never seen before. Poppy managed to bite her nose because the owner had picked the Staffy up by the back legs, Poor Poppy was hanging by her back leg from the Staffs mouth, she, and don't ask me how, sort of turned and bit her nose.
I understand you and I do get the breed not deed business.
Poppy is fine, although a bit subdued at the moment.
I don't think I will introduce them again, I will be a nervous wreck and they will pick up on that. I have put it down to experience. You see, I have said in another reply, that I have never had a dog fight before. I hope I never see it again, but I think I probs will.
I am not attacking Staffys, maybe the owners of "some" but I know you are a responsible owner, maybe it was my fault for not reading the signals...I don't know, but no, I will not be meeting that 'girlie' again, not while I have my dogs with me anyway.
Elaine xxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Dani,
I did say in an earlier post that I did NOT want this to turn into a hate Staffys thread. I have met Staffys that have been fine,
I think your right it was the Ball thing, However, the attack was instant and the Staffy went in with a viscousness that I have never seen before. Poppy managed to bite her nose because the owner had picked the Staffy up by the back legs, Poor Poppy was hanging by her back leg from the Staffs mouth, she, and don't ask me how, sort of turned and bit her nose.
I understand you and I do get the breed not deed business.
Poppy is fine, although a bit subdued at the moment.
I don't think I will introduce them again, I will be a nervous wreck and they will pick up on that. I have put it down to experience. You see, I have said in another reply, that I have never had a dog fight before. I hope I never see it again, but I think I probs will.
I am not attacking Staffys, maybe the owners of "some" but I know you are a responsible owner, maybe it was my fault for not reading the signals...I don't know, but no, I will not be meeting that 'girlie' again, not while I have my dogs with me anyway.
Elaine xxxx
I had read that you had said that, and to be honest it was more Boxer Boys response that rattled my cage a bit, TBH.

It really is a horrible thing to see a dog fight, and especially your baby too !! Sometimes dogs just do not like each other etc, but its good that she has another staffy among her doggy friends so that she doesnt see them all the same way...
I can understand why you dont want to reintroduce them, I was only suggesting that so that she didnt decide to hate all staffies and be fearful of them. But hopefully her wee staffy friend will help with that !!

I know many dog friendly staffies, so I just hate when they all get tarred with the same brush thats all. and I do appreciate it wasnt you that said it !!

Anyway give Poppy and yourself a hug from me.

dani
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Dani,
I hope you don't think i was "staffy bashing" because i just want to say, i know more nice ones than i've ever encountered nasty ones
I have met many non dog friendly labs though and both my girlys have been set upon by black ones

Jann
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I had read that you had said that, and to be honest it was more Boxer Boys response that rattled my cage a bit, TBH.
It really is a horrible thing to see a dog fight, and especially your baby too !! Sometimes dogs just do not like each other etc, but its good that she has another staffy among her doggy friends so that she doesnt see them all the same way...
I can understand why you dont want to reintroduce them, I was only suggesting that so that she didnt decide to hate all staffies and be fearful of them. But hopefully her wee staffy friend will help with that !!

I know many dog friendly staffies, so I just hate when they all get tarred with the same brush thats all. and I do appreciate it wasnt you that said it !!

Anyway give Poppy and yourself a hug from me.

dani
I don't think Boxer Boy meant anything I think that when your dog has had an attack, by any breed, it sort of sticks with you, you know? Poppy could have been attacked by a Lab or anything, so please don't turn this into a anything other than what happened to Poppy
Elaine xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Dani,
I hope you don't think i was "staffy bashing" because i just want to say, i know more nice ones than i've ever encountered nasty ones
I have met many non dog friendly labs though and both my girlys have been set upon by black ones

Jann
Not at all Jann, I think anyone who lets their 5 yr old hold any dogs lead never mind such a strong dog is a complete twonk !! LOL

I have let Luca hold Bruno's lead when we have been on a deserted path and bruno was knackered from running about and he still pulled it out of his hand with the tiniest of tugs !
So to walk into a shop especially one where their is likely to be other dogs is just insanity really.

Glad that your skye was ok..

Everyone will have had a bad experience with some kind of dog, I have, so I am not suggesting its staffy bashing just picking up on a comment that was made that they were more common/likely to do it which kind of annoys me.

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I don't think Boxer Boy meant anything I think that when your dog has had an attack, by any breed, it sort of sticks with you, you know? Poppy could have been attacked by a Lab or anything, so please don't turn this into a anything other than what happened to Poppy
Elaine xxx
mmnn it just didnt sound that way, but I promise not to turn anything into a slanging match !
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:12 PM
mmnn it just didnt sound that way, but I promise not to turn anything into a slanging match !
Ok good one If Boxer Boy wants to come back and explain that's fine hun
Elaine xxxx
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I do love all dogs but when I worked at vets sadly it was mainly staffs every dog bite/ attack that came in. And so many had to wait out the back as they were dog aggressive and couldnt go in waiting room.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »