Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:26 AM

Vet bills

hi everyone how much do you at the vets i pay a 30 pound consultation fee then treatment on top of that so my bill is always 50 pound or more. was speaking to my mums friend she said this was very expensive and that at her vets she just pays for treatment for eg her dog had a antibiotic injection and a weight chech and it all cost 13 pound just wondering if i need to change vet or not whats every one else pay ?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Do you know what, I have no idea!! For someone who shops around for the cheapest deal on EVERYTHING isn't that funny! But I know it's always expensive (never as cheap as your friends, more like yours?! wow) I always expect it to be a rip off now I'm afraid but of course never hesitate

Thank god for insurance! My latest bill for Zeke's xrays and tests was nearly £500!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Never heard of a vet who didn't charge a consultation fee
If you are not happy with your vet there are plenty of them out there so shop around
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Never heard of a vet who didn't charge a consultation fee
If you are not happy with your vet there are plenty of them out there so shop around
I myself am tempted to compare the vet.com!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:10 AM
my vet's consulation fee = £10 and prescriptive medicines don't cost much more than they do on line...sometimes I wonder how my vets make a living compared to city vets!

What I would say thought is that there is more to a vet than just the price. If you are happy that your vet gives you good advice and looks after your dog, I would think twice about changing. If you think they're only in it for the money and don't actually care about the animals, then look for a different one.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
my vet's consulation fee = £10 and prescriptive medicines don't cost much more than they do on line...sometimes I wonder how my vets make a living compared to city vets!

What I would say thought is that there is more to a vet than just the price. If you are happy that your vet gives you good advice and looks after your dog, I would think twice about changing. If you think they're only in it for the money and don't actually care about the animals, then look for a different one.
We recently changed vets due to their poor diagnosis of Zeke, it feels very liberating and I am so pleased with the new vets, so won't change again really

Plus our new one is called All Creatures Great and Small, I love James Herriot me!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I must be very lucking as none of my previous or present vets charge a consultaion fee.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:25 AM
My vet charges £18 for initial consultations (and for new customers on their first visit). After that it tends to be about £10 - some visits are not charged once a course of treatment is underway and you are being seen by the vet.nurse. On the whole my vet tends to be more than fair, but I have been going there for years and we have built up a good relationship
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I went to the vets last week with my lad and paid about £40, I had a consultation and antibiotics.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Our vets is £35 consultation vet. For past few visits my bill has never been under £100 for consultation & antibiotics & always for ongoing treatments. I feel its a "rip-off" but theyre good......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >