Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:09 PM

A Funeral Wake over the pub!

I am sitting here watching the most gorgeous funeral procession through my village. There is the magnificent black carraige, with the six beautiful black plumed horses, along with a host of black daimlers, and they've all pulled in over at the pub!!! Mum and I are trying to work out whether the old boy said "take me in there for a last drink even if I am in a box" or whether they're all setting off from there up to the Crem? Just a minute ago, they opened the back of the carriage and half pulled out the box and I said to Mum "Jeeeze, they're only gonna take him in there"!!!!!! Then they came out with a load of flowers, red roses and placed it on top of the box, and thankfully pushed it back in!!!!!

Oh, this guy whoever he is, is sure going off in style I can tell you!!!! I would take a pic for you but they're all standing there dressed in black, young girls with long sheer blonde hair in great big high stilletoes, all dressed smartly in black, it really does look a stunning picture! I strongly suspect this is a gypsy family coz this is what they do isn't it.

I want those horses when I go, but Dave will be having Onyx (the local waste disposal peops!), he only wants a cardboard box like Mum does, but me, I want something a bit special like this!!!

How do you want to go then?????
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Ooo it sounds lovely! They coffin used to be taken in to wakes traditionally, definately in Welsh tradition anyway.

I haven't really thought about it much, i though about cremation because of running out of burial ground, but now they say that cremation is bad for the environment so i don't know.

I quite like the idea of being buried in one of these private green graveyards where they plant a tree on top of you.

I would like horses definately, but then i think the cost of it all can be a bit rediculous and I would rather spend any money that i had while i was still alive.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Ooo, we had this discussion the other week...

I don't want a funeral. Not at all. Don't want anyone crying over a box with a body in. I'm not religious either, so don't care about that side of it.

I want an eco-friendly coffin, and want to be buried somewhere with lots of trees etc - maybe one of those green graveyards, like Catrin said.

I'd like a fruit tree planted over me, maybe a cherry one, with pretty blossoms in the spring.

OK, have I thought too much about this?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh I haven't thought about it at all but that sounds lovely

I just would like to be remembered with happiness not sadness and for everyone to be laughing and smiling remembering the good times and fun we had
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd never thought about it before either, but I've now decided I definitely want those gorgeous black horses with the carraige, it's all so glamorous isn't it, even the guys had their top hats and long black coats with the capes, very theatrical to watch!

I don't want a lot spent on the box, only for it to be burnt, and I have my reservations that once you go behind those curtains, they whip you out of it anyway and save it for the next one!!!! Well, it's too nice to burn isn't it, even if you have paid for it!!!

We have a lovely graveyard field in the middle of this village, and it's very quiet and peaceful (as you would expect! Lol!)and I wanted to be buried there, but I expect they have special conditions and I probably wouldn't qualify even though we've been here over 20 years. Then of course, you'd have the insects eating you, so maybe cremation would be better

They were a long, long time in the pub, although they did leave him in the carraige I'm pleased to say, but I was quite amazed at how quietly those beautiful horses just stood there in the cold wind. I know mine would have galloped off down the road in a huff!!! I suppose he told them to go in there for a quick half before going onto the Crem to bury him, it must have been his favourite haunt! Let's hope he doesn't come back later then!!!!

I liked it anyway, so nice to see everyone paying their proper respects, all so smartly dressed in black suits and black tie, whereas the last funeral I went to, nobody bothered with any of that apart from me That's how it should be, everyone dressed in black, showing their proper respect for the dead, not in jeans and a tea shirt like I've seen!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I saw a funeral like that just last week, a golden glass carriage pulled by 4 beautiful white horses, it really was stunning.

I'm not religious either so i havent really thought about how i'd like to go, just throw me a big party, where everyone has a great time and remembers it in years to come
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Ooo, we had this discussion the other week...

I don't want a funeral. Not at all. Don't want anyone crying over a box with a body in. I'm not religious either, so don't care about that side of it.

I want an eco-friendly coffin, and want to be buried somewhere with lots of trees etc - maybe one of those green graveyards, like Catrin said.

I'd like a fruit tree planted over me, maybe a cherry one, with pretty blossoms in the spring.

OK, have I thought too much about this?
Glad I'm not the only one
I hate the idea of any kind of service at all, I want to be cremated in an eco friendly box and then planted in a tranquil woodland setting.
It's actually caused other family members to think I'm a bit touched tbh
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:11 PM
You lot need funeral plans!

That way you can decide exactly what you want, pay for it slowly now and it will never increase in price.
The horses were £850 a couple of years ago, I asked for mine .

For Dave how about the world's fastest hearse.....a motorcycle hearse..... http://www.motorcyclefunerals.com/
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't mind as long as my Spotty's ashes go in with me
Cos really, I won't be around to watch
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Becky you've got too much time on your hands today!!!!!!!!!! I suppose you think I'll be riding the bike with the cardboard box on the side then???!! Not gonna happen mate!!! Mind you, I could ride one of those horses......mmmmmmm.... got me thinking now!!! Poor Dave!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >