Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2006, 05:11 PM

What do I do with viruses in the 'vault'

I'm using AVG at the moment, and over the weekend I've had 5 warnings come up saying that a virus has been found. I panicked and didn't know what to do so I put the files in the vault.

The problem is I don't know what to do now. Do I delete them, and if yes how? Also will the files in the vault contain other things, like things I don't want to lose? Sorry if this is a bit hard to understand, I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to IT.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by patterdale fan
I'm using AVG at the moment, and over the weekend I've had 5 warnings come up saying that a virus has been found. I panicked and didn't know what to do so I put the files in the vault.

The problem is I don't know what to do now. Do I delete them, and if yes how? Also will the files in the vault contain other things, like things I don't want to lose? Sorry if this is a bit hard to understand, I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to IT.
if you go to there home page it will tell you exactly if it safe to delete them or tell you how to repair them donīt just try without finding out first
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks Fred.