Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I was going on the "exif data" embedded in your pictures. Its all screwed up then!

Lol!!!! probaly! i dont even know what that is!!!!! His DOB is 15.09.07 though!!!!
Technology!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
I did a double take when I saw the first pic! In that first picture he looks EXACTLY like my boy 'Oliver'! Been trying to find some photos to post on here but will have to take some to show you what I mean.

Debs
Oh PLEASE!!!!!!! What lines is your boy?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I just added what the pic was showing in my last post. Typical of technology innit!!

In your photobucket album, underneath every picture when you view one pic at a time you can view "details" click on it and you will see what I mean.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Aha! Sherlock!!!!! its the blimmin Digi Camera init? What a numpty i am!!!!! Sorry to confuse you!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Nah its fine, You look at the data if you like a pic, then you can see what settings were used etc.. gives you an idea of how the shot was set up etc... being a photo snapper, I do it a lot, you can remove the data, if you "save for web" in Photoshop or similar programs.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Oh PLEASE!!!!!!! What lines is your boy?
Farm dogs! LOL

No pedigree but they had four generations of dogs still working on the farm (apart from one very elderly bitch who had been in retirement for years!) so that was good enough for what I wanted. I have him and his litter sister (she's smooth coated). They came from Devon. I was sent photos of them at 3 weeks old and was asked to go and see them at 5 weeks and then 7 weeks before we could have one. We were also required to give references from someone they knew so they could be sure we'd be good owners.

Debs
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes thats your opinion and I respect it As I said I am going on the photograph of the dog standing side on, this one:

The breed standard asks for a "well turned stifle" the stifle on that dog in that pic is straight and has no turn. It also asks for "well let down hocks" to me those hocks on that pic are not well let down they are long.

Its only going on the picture, nobody can gauge movement on a photograph, I mean you could say the dog is too short in the body also on that pic as the standard asks for a slightly longer body, than height at shoulder, but in the heel work pic the dog looks correct.

Pictures are incredibly deceiving, in coat and out of coat, MAverick could be two different dogs.
Dawn.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Pics are deceptive arent they, he def is "slightlty " longer in body than height, but in that pic he dosent really.
Ive been trying to find a pic of him with better stifles, but i cant!...so i guess he does have straight stifles...bless him!!!!! What does that mean(to the dog)?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Pics are deceptive arent they, he def is "slightlty " longer in body than height, but in that pic he dosent really.
Ive been trying to find a pic of him with better stifles, but i cant!...so i guess he does have straight stifles...bless him!!!!! What does that mean(to the dog)?
Means absolutely nowt!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes thats your opinion and I respect it As I said I am going on the photograph of the dog standing side on, this one:

The breed standard asks for a "well turned stifle" the stifle on that dog in that pic is straight and has no turn. It also asks for "well let down hocks" to me those hocks on that pic are not well let down they are long.How can a joint be long ? a hock is a joint not the lowest part of the dogs back legs.The KC standard is wrongly worded & should be the hindquaters below the hock joint

Its only going on the picture, nobody can gauge movement on a photograph, I mean you could say the dog is too short in the body also on that pic as the standard asks for a slightly longer body, than height at shoulder, but in the heel work pic the dog looks correct.

Pictures are incredibly deceiving, in coat and out of coat, MAverick could be two different dogs.
Dawn.

Well being a breed person you will know you cannot judge a dog from a photograph no matter how good the picture is. I've seen many dogs that look brilliant in photosgraph because they have been stacked correctly, yet in the flesh they are a different dog

Now look at the above & tell me which are BC's & which WSD's & if you had been offered Rjj as a puppy would you have thought he was a BC with those ears & no long coat ?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >