Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh, forgot to add!

There hasn't been any proven link, as of yet, between food additives/preservatives and ADHD
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Mine have the odd tin of butchers (and chappie) and they go mad for it, and TBH I am happy with them eating it

dead pets and their tags...PMPL
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I really rate Butcher's Tripe. I am just as happy feeding this as I was Naturediet which is about double the price (and that's not even grain free ). No additives, cereal fillers etc, just meat - including all the perfectly good derivatives that we in the West are lucky enough to be able to turn our noses up at but is still perfectly good food. And you can get it in the supermarket for a good price. Perhaps that is partly why it isn't among the 'approved' foods, because is is accessible and affordable.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
- including all the perfectly good derivatives that we in the West are lucky enough to be able to turn our noses up at but is still perfectly good food.
My thoughts exactly
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
I really rate Butcher's Tripe. I am just as happy feeding this as I was Naturediet which is about double the price (and that's not even grain free ). No additives, cereal fillers etc, just meat - including all the perfectly good derivatives that we in the West are lucky enough to be able to turn our noses up at but is still perfectly good food. And you can get it in the supermarket for a good price. Perhaps that is partly why it isn't among the 'approved' foods, because is is accessible and affordable.
good post..totally agree
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:15 PM
As my pup is fed solely on Butchers puppy and will go on to Butchers adult, then I think it's safe to say that I rate this food
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I've fed all my dogs Butchers Tripe Mix as a flavouring to kibble. They've all loved it. Only downside is that it makes their bottom burps stink!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Must be just me then who wouldn't fed it on a regular basis!

I wouldn't mind the odd tin of the tripe one for them as a treat, but I personally wouldn't choose to feed it as there are better moist foods out there or I would cook my own for them.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Must be just me then who wouldn't fed it on a regular basis!

I wouldn't mind the odd tin of the tripe one for them as a treat, but I personally wouldn't choose to feed it as there are better moist foods out there or I would cook my own for them.
I've agreed with you (way back on page one), better foods out there if you wanted to feed wet. Wouldn't be horrified at feeding it in an emergency, though I know that my two are pretty tolerant of most foods and have no allergies (just a bit of excessive wind with too much lamb!).
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Before moving to raw my dogs had this everyday mixed with their dry kibble. Never had any problems with it and would actually recommend it
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >