Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Fantasy dog pack

When we got our lurcher from rescue 3 years ago, we hoped he would be the start of our first pack.
We are still working on his behavoural issues and have accepted he will have to be an only dog. Not amused with the rescue because they knew we were a young couple who wanted more dogs and hadn't started a family yet and he is not a family dog by any stretch! He is under our skin now and he will stay with us come what may.

I often fantisise about my dream dog pack that will have to wait for a few years.

What would yours be, money and space no object?!
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh I would love to have a lot of dogs. I am assuming in the virtual pack that they would all have great temprements and get on with each other, so I would like to have some jack russel terriers, a couple of great danes, and a few golden retrievers, and then a great group of mongrels of any size or shape
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Oooh where do I start...?
English setters, Irish setters, Gordon Setters, Pointer, Hungarian Vizsla, Wirehaired Hungarian Vizsla, Clumber, Springer, Field spaniels, Italian Spinone, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Basset Hound, Dachshund, Border Terrier, Flat coated Retriever, Golden Retriever and I am sure I will think of alot more!!
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Brilliant question!

Mmm Luchi my Cane Corso, AND another Cane Corso a German shepherd, Golden Retriever, Border Collie, Alaskan Malamute, Utonagan, American Bull Dog, Whippet, a Rottie, frenchy, Great Dane, Pyrenees Mountain Dog, Newfoundland, also completely love the Czech Wolf Dog.

There are more, but that would be a reasonable sized pack to start with lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:22 PM
already well on the way...Border Collies
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:33 PM
In the 'real' world my hands are full with my existing mutts...

In fantasy money-and-time-no-object land, I'd have...

A German Wirehaired Pointer, German Shorthaired Pointer, Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla, Pudelpointer, Korthals Griffon, Bracco Italiano, Italian Spinone, Weimeraner, Cesky Fousek and of course, more Slovaks a couple more Labs. Oh, not to leave Tilly my Yorkie out, I'd get her two 'friends'...another Yorkie but a male, and a Border Terrier.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2010, 08:36 PM
A few Jack Russells again, a Dandie Dinmont, maybe a few Sheltie's as I quite like them, a beautiful big German Shepherd, and a Harlequinn Great Dane would do lovely!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I have too many at the moment. Eventually maybe a Gordon or NI type, Celt (BC) and Etta (springer).

If I have enough of a large garden still I'd have old decrepit rescue dogs as well.

rune
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I have one old decrepit rescue dog that everyone else passed by, but in a fantasy world I would add a whole heap more of the same ilk............plus my favourite collies x 5, and a few assorted crossbreeds of any age or size. I would of course have won the lottery or found a very wealthy aged Aunt who wished to bequeath all her millions to me and my dogs
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi,

I'd have to surruond myself with GSDs and Akitas as I knwo those breeds best. If I had any room left (in terms of physical space) I'd have a whole bunch of heinz 57s.

Laura xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >