Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 12:26 PM
what breeds the dog???

please dont say working type of i may just cry lol!

poor dog and what a numpty breeder.....at least you are trying to help - good on ya
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Im interested as to what breed it is as well.

Although I think it's nice that you are trying to help her and the pup unfortunately it will probably do more harm than good if she takes your gesture the wrong way.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Personally, I'd be trying to talk her into taking the pup back to the breeder! That pup's life will be lonely and, when the owner is home, no doubt the dog will be getting told off for doing normal dog stuff. Some people make me so mad

It doesn't matter to me what breed dog this is, whatever the breed, tiny Chi or Great Dane, it needs more company and understanding than is on offer at present
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a shame for the poor pup. What breed is it?

I think you have been given some excellent, helpful suggestions though - especially about letting her have some old YD mags. Also, if she does have the internet, why not point her in the direction of Dogsey?
Kirsty, the dog is a male Scottish Terrier.

And what is worse...you won't believe this...when she seen the advert in the paper she said she thought of Molly and thought "oh a black Scottie, never seen one of them before, that'll be nice". Then when she got there and see the mother she realised they weren't in fact the same breed! But she decided she'd take him anyway! I kid you not, I was flabbergasted! But I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I'm glad you're trying to help her, especially as some part of her does want a dog in her life as she got a puppy again after losing one.
I do hope she takes the mags, and as a friendly gesture - and I hope she feels able to come to you if she needs help.
Good on you, Nic, for being there
Thanks, Pat. My granpa and I will certainly do our best to help her. She has always been very pleasant so hopefully she'll accept our offer of help with the puppy. My granpa has done decorating for her and is about to do some more!

Originally Posted by suze View Post
what breeds the dog???

please dont say working type of i may just cry lol!

poor dog and what a numpty breeder.....at least you are trying to help - good on ya
Suze, the dog's a Scottie and yes, numpty breeder! I'll certainly do my best!

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Im interested as to what breed it is as well.

Although I think it's nice that you are trying to help her and the pup unfortunately it will probably do more harm than good if she takes your gesture the wrong way.
Esme, she's always been pleasant but I don't think she's the full shilling! As I said above, my granpa decorates for her now and again and we will both try and help her as much as we can, I think she will accept it. I hope so! Haven't had a chance to see her again yet.

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Personally, I'd be trying to talk her into taking the pup back to the breeder! That pup's life will be lonely and, when the owner is home, no doubt the dog will be getting told off for doing normal dog stuff. Some people make me so mad

It doesn't matter to me what breed dog this is, whatever the breed, tiny Chi or Great Dane, it needs more company and understanding than is on offer at present
CC, it sounds like a numpty breeder anyway, so the dog would probably go to yet another unsuitable home!

I went round earlier on but she wasn't in, so I left 6 YD mags inside on her doorstep, I'm sure she'll realise they're from me. They all have puppy survival guides in them, so hopefully she read them and have her eyes opened up a bit! We'll see.

Like you say, it doesn't matter what breed it is, at that age it still needs more in the way of company and training that she seems unable to provide, sadly.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Kirsty, the dog is a male Scottish Terrier.

And what is worse...you won't believe this...when she seen the advert in the paper she said she thought of Molly and thought "oh a black Scottie, never seen one of them before, that'll be nice". Then when she got there and see the mother she realised they weren't in fact the same breed! But she decided she'd take him anyway! I kid you not, I was flabbergasted! But I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised.

Thanks, Pat. My granpa and I will certainly do our best to help her. She has always been very pleasant so hopefully she'll accept our offer of help with the puppy. My granpa has done decorating for her and is about to do some more!

Suze, the dog's a Scottie and yes, numpty breeder! I'll certainly do my best!

Esme, she's always been pleasant but I don't think she's the full shilling! As I said above, my granpa decorates for her now and again and we will both try and help her as much as we can, I think she will accept it. I hope so! Haven't had a chance to see her again yet.

CC, it sounds like a numpty breeder anyway, so the dog would probably go to yet another unsuitable home!

I went round earlier on but she wasn't in, so I left 6 YD mags inside on her doorstep, I'm sure she'll realise they're from me. They all have puppy survival guides in them, so hopefully she read them and have her eyes opened up a bit! We'll see.

Like you say, it doesn't matter what breed it is, at that age it still needs more in the way of company and training that she seems unable to provide, sadly.
I'm beginning to see why some people have such a low opinion of Breeders. It's Breeders like this that gives all Breeders a bad name

I think you are doing all you can do at the minute. I know you'll keep a close eye and step in if needed, thankfully!

I feel so sad inside to think of the lonely life that pup is leading, being alone for so long, when so young. When, oh when, will people stop being selfish and buying pups for their own reasons, rather than thinking of the needs of the poor pups that are bought in
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I'm beginning to see why some people have such a low opinion of Breeders. It's Breeders like this that gives all Breeders a bad name

I think you are doing all you can do at the minute. I know you'll keep a close eye and step in if needed, thankfully!

I feel so sad inside to think of the lonely life that pup is leading, being alone for so long, when so young. When, oh when, will people stop being selfish and buying pups for their own reasons, rather than thinking of the needs of the poor pups that are bought in
I don't know what else I can do really. I'm hoping and praying that she has made arrangements for relatives/friends to visit the pup whilst she's out at work, I really do. I can see my granpa collecting him regularly and bringing him to ours for the day when she's out!

I feel sad as well, it pains me so much so think of him in the position he's in. Even though I know there are dogs that are much worse off than him, it still doesn't help much!

Oh yes, those know me (you know you are! ) know that I will indeed take action if neccessary!.....Fear not!

Some people will just never learn and realise that they aren't doing what's best for the dog. So sad.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
UPDATE

An update for those of you who were interested.....The pup has since been rehomed to a much more suitable home.

I didn't even bother to go down the the 'why did you not contact the breeder' route as the breeder sounded hopeless anyway and all that matters now is that that the puppy is in a better home.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm glad the puppy has found a better home. Let's hope that's put her off puppies for a while.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I am relieved to hear that. Let's just hope she had the sense to find a suitable home for the puppy though, rather than dump it on any old home and then it ends up getting re-homed again. I hate it when I hear pups have been moved from pillar to post. Poor little souls

I just hope that she doesn't go get another puppy when the mood takes

Thanks for the update. You must be relieved!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I'm glad the puppy has found a better home. Let's hope that's put her off puppies for a while.
Me too, Janice and yes, I hope so as well!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >