Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Swifty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Where have I put the poster down for having a job? I have merely stated the facts as I see them ... in the best interests of the dog.
You said and I quote " My own personal point of view is that it is unreasonable to leave a dog home alone all day."

Don't you know what you are writing? So that said you feel that all the dogs that are owned by people with jobs should be put down, or perhaps the owners have to quit their jobs and enter poverty in order to keep their dogs.

Please try to make sense, how could I have a home, family and dogs if I did not have a job? My dogs do just fine being alone all day. You seem to believe that all dogs are dependent on humans for everything and do not know that dogs show the path for many people. Again I am glad that you are so rich that you can be home all day, but the rest of us need to work.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
You said and I quote " My own personal point of view is that it is unreasonable to leave a dog home alone all day."

Don't you know what you are writing? So that said you feel that all the dogs that are owned by people with jobs should be put down, or perhaps the owners have to quit their jobs and enter poverty in order to keep their dogs.

Please try to make sense, how could I have a home, family and dogs if I did not have a job? My dogs do just fine being alone all day. You seem to believe that all dogs are dependent on humans for everything and do not know that dogs show the path for many people. Again I am glad that you are so rich that you can be home all day, but the rest of us need to work.
Please note my use of the word "personal". It is indeed my own PERSONAL view that it is unreasonable to leave dogs home alone all day - but that is just my own personal view; I am not and was not casting nasturtiums at the OP, just merely stating my own personal opinion - which is, in my opinion, slightly unrealistic and even possibly unreasonable! BUT ... it is my opinion, and I am entitled to express it.

As for the rest of your post, you are just being plain silly and making assumptions which are totally untrue. I do work - 4 days a week, all day every day - but my husband is retired, and is home all day, hence Ben is very well catered for. Lucky dog - I appreciate that many dogs are not so lucky.

So please don't castigate me for my own personal opinion - I was not casting nasturtiums at the OP.
Swifty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2016, 09:29 PM
You have no idea as to what dogs need, as all dogs are not equal. Is Ben neutered? I bet so, do dogs need testicles or are they optional?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
You have no idea as to what dogs need, as all dogs are not equal. Is Ben neutered? I bet so, do dogs need testicles or are they optional?
Yes, Ben is neutered, but not by me. He is a rescue and sadly was neutered before we got him. I believe that dogs do need to retain their testicles if at all possible. Whereas I understand and accept the policy in this country of rescue organisations neutering both male and female dogs, I personally think that male dogs are better off with their testicles.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4