View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jones
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree with the asking questions and home checks, but some of the questions were a bit invassive, Im more than happy to supply relevant information concerning my own household, but very uncomfortable to answer question about my neighbours...

It was a experience dealing with several different rescue centres/society's and if the truth was know, within all these dealings only one individual treated me and my family with decency and respect (Emma was her name) she actually took the time to talk with us about adopting, what we were looking for and guidence matching right sort of prospective dogs to our household etc..

One centre really wasn't interested in talking to us, about whether we were or werent' suitable to rehome a dog, until we decided on the one we wanted!

I would agree that you can't always determin a dogs true character in an kennel environment, ay information given from a previous owner must be treated with caution... But sometimes the information that you do recieve is a bit vague..

Even though I was told that Jones would need basic obedince training, house-training etc and even whined a little when traveling, and did pull on his lead!!! Why hadn't they noticed that his lead pulling is due to being very nervous? Something that I picked up within a walk with him, he's actually pretty good on the lead until he gets scared so does what comes naturally heads for home and safety...

It would have been nice if they had written all they knew down about him, as much background as possible, as this would have been so helpfull when talking to our behaviourist/trainer..
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Just wanted to put in, my parents recently rehomed a pup from the RSPCA. They paid £95.00 and for that they get a fantastic dog, his first jab (second jab only £10.00), microchip, neuter voucher for when he is older plus all the time and effort that the staff put into him for the week he was in their care. Personally I think that's a total bargain and I was really surprised that they only charge that much.
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 17 18 19 20