View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Hope his Tum settles down soon! Another Golden Lover here too!

mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:39 AM
hi everyone
thanks for the words of encouragement, i'm not sure what to do now the diarrehea as returned its not very frequent seems to be after he has eaten, been twice this morning small amount last lot watery and mucusy could this be the re-introduction on dry food ive moved onto half and half (rice/puppy food) should i go back to just rice or try something else scrambled egg and i have read on here weetabix/porridge is good does this include ready break also im not sure of the quantity's i should be giving him he appears to be starving and launches himself at the dish, what sort of time scale is reasonable for a bout of diarrehea to last he his drinking plenty.. (he weighs 4kg) not poorly in him self very active and playful.
i would be grateful for any comments
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by mj View Post
hi everyone
thanks for the words of encouragement, i'm not sure what to do now the diarrehea as returned its not very frequent seems to be after he has eaten, been twice this morning small amount last lot watery and mucusy could this be the re-introduction on dry food ive moved onto half and half (rice/puppy food) should i go back to just rice or try something else scrambled egg and i have read on here weetabix/porridge is good does this include ready break also im not sure of the quantity's i should be giving him he appears to be starving and launches himself at the dish, what sort of time scale is reasonable for a bout of diarrehea to last he his drinking plenty.. (he weighs 4kg) not poorly in him self very active and playful.
How old is Max? Anything new to his diet will upset his tum, best to stick to one thing and not change for a while(just my opinion)
Has he been wormed? If so do you know what with?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Half and half is quite a big jump. I would start back on rice and scrambled egg (preferrably with goats milk not cows) and when his tum has settled again introduce the dry at 10% every 2 days. That should introduce him slowly and hopefully he'll be OK.
Becky
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by mj View Post
hi everyone
Hi mj as you have already changed once I would have kept your puppy on proper food until his tummy had settled then slowly reintroduce the dry food over a period of time (as described in post no. 7 above).

Until his tummy settles I would feed rice with fish or chicken, porridge oats (not ready break or weetabix) with cottage cheese or natural yogurt and a little honey.Scrambled egg.
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,

just a line to tell you that at last we have max on soley puppy food it's taken a while but at long last weve got him firmed up!!

The information i received from the other members on the site was a big help and without im sure we would have been still be unsettled now
so once again

THANKS EVERYONE
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 11:55 AM
That's brilliant news. Give him a big hug from me!
Becky
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2