View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2013, 01:59 PM
i've just taken out a new recovery plan from the RAC and asked this question. I was told, if you breakdown you need to tell the operator you have dogs aboard , and they will probably ask you what breed ! i told them what breed i had and they said oh thats ok lol. the AA told me they did transport dogs ??????.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2013, 02:12 PM
i've never personally broken down ever *touches wood!!!* but my mum broke down ages ago with sweep and he was allowed in the AA cab and i think the man wanted to take him home!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
i've just taken out a new recovery plan from the RAC and asked this question. I was told, if you breakdown you need to tell the operator you have dogs aboard , and they will probably ask you what breed ! i told them what breed i had and they said oh thats ok lol. the AA told me they did transport dogs ??????.
Love it when they ask what breed!

What must be going through their heads!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Love it when they ask what breed!

What must be going through their heads!
don't you just !
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
don't you just !
The time a nasty old man lied and said I had set my dogs on him and they had attacked him the bangarda asked what breed and when I said collie and basset cross the relief on her face was sweet indeed. lol
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
It very much depends on the driver we have had ours in the cab with us on two occasions, and on another one had to leave them in the campervan on top of the low loader which I was unhappy with - very unhappy. A car I may have been less unhappy but we couldn't see into the van and had no idea if they were OK or not. What worried me most was I wasn't allowed to stay with them because it was unsafe - so why was it safe for them on their own ?

The driver was fobbing you off, it isn't anymore safer for the dogs to travel in the back of a car/MotorHome or Caravan whilst it is being towed than you are.

I'm afraid it is at the discretion of the driver and if they don't like dogs because of personal reasons/religion, you've had it.

Some Taxi Drivers won't carry Guide/support dogs, so what chance have we the normal motorist.

I think everyone when starting a new Insurance Policy should insist that the Insurance Company clarify's this in writing at the onset, then you are clear as to regards the safe transportation of your dogs, if your vehicle is in an accident or breaks down.

Your animals are your responsibility so you should check at the beginning so there is no misunderstanding later, and don't let them fob you off with its a case of the Driver's" discretition.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by mummysnoo View Post
The driver was fobbing you off, it isn't anymore safer for the dogs to travel in the back of a car/MotorHome or Caravan whilst it is being towed than you are.

I'm afraid it is at the discretion of the driver and if they don't like dogs because of personal reasons/religion, you've had it.

Some Taxi Drivers won't carry Guide/support dogs, so what chance have we the normal motorist.

I think everyone when starting a new Insurance Policy should insist that the Insurance Company clarify's this in writing at the onset, then you are clear as to regards the safe transportation of your dogs, if your vehicle is in an accident or breaks down.

Your animals are your responsibility so you should check at the beginning so there is no misunderstanding later, and don't let them fob you off with its a case of the Driver's" discretition.
This would not work as it is at the driver's discretion always. Period. For many reasons which have been cited here.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2013, 01:07 PM
They don't HAVE to allow the dog(s)into the cab & as I travel with at least 5 dogs it wouldn't be practical & my dogs have their own custom made crates
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for your responses. My friend had painted a bleak picture – she said no dogs in the cabs and no dogs in the towed vehicles . However, your experiences have been, on the whole, positive.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2