Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
We were doing this but the fridge door kept swinging shut on his head!!! So we're training a similar trick but using a cupboard door which stays open.

I think my fav tricks that Cain does is "Bang!" (play dead because he does it so dramatically, it's hilarious), Dance (lifts his paws when I lift my feet) and Slam Dunk, where he puts a basketball into a net.
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Molly does Avada Kedavra (from Harry Potter) instead of dead You make a wand out of your finger, point it at her and say 'Avada Kedavra!' and she rolls over and stays there until you clap It's a simple variation on dead but never ceases to please!
Can I see video's of these please - I'd love to see Cain being dramatic and I'm just reading all the HP books (haven't read them before - don't know why I'm reading them now tbh)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Ive tried to video it before, but soon as I point the camera at him, he starts mucking around I'll try again this weekend.

Love Avada Kedavra!! Why didn't I think of that! Although if you can do Wingardium Leviosa, I'll be impressed SLB, can't believe you're only just reading them. Better late than never
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Ee there's just no way I would train either of my dogs to open the refrigerator!

Self-service would become the order of the day then I think!

Parker knows left and right paw and can walk backwards as well as a lot of other heelwork to music moves. He can also wave at you from a distance which usually delights children!
Always Terriers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Parker knows left and right paw and can walk backwards as well as a lot of other heelwork to music moves. He can also wave at you from a distance which usually delights children!
Wave is one of my favourite tricks for my dog too, so simple but people love it
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Ee there's just no way I would train either of my dogs to open the refrigerator!

Cain's only been taught to do open fridge/cupboard doors with a tuggy rope attached to the handle. Thankfully it hasn't even crossed his mind to yet without the rope and command
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:54 PM

The "trick" is to a) put it on cue b) to put the "rope" on at specific times and c) to use the fridge lock when you are not around!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Ive tried to video it before, but soon as I point the camera at him, he starts mucking around I'll try again this weekend.

Love Avada Kedavra!! Why didn't I think of that! Although if you can do Wingardium Leviosa, I'll be impressed SLB, can't believe you're only just reading them. Better late than never
I know - I've watched all but the last, movies though after I read the book

Just hide the camera before he's in the room and have a spot where you can see it clearly - it's how I do it Or film it till you get it and just tell us where to fast forward too...

KO - Louie knows back, left and right and he finally understands twirl!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The "trick" is to a) put it on cue b) to put the "rope" on at specific times and c) to use the fridge lock when you are not around!
Oh you didn't say you used a rope-I though he was opening it the usual way you would! Then your dogs are so well-trained I wouldn't be surprised if you said they went to the fridge and cooked you a meal!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh you didn't say you used a rope-I though he was opening it the usual way you would! Then your dogs are so well-trained I wouldn't be surprised if you said they went to the fridge and cooked you a meal!
Not bothered about that but I wish they could do the ironing.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Not bothered about that but I wish they could do the ironing.
Oh I like ironing! I even iron all underwear which my work colleagues thought strange
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >