Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 07:42 PM

docs today

went for my brain scan this morning,my OH said dont forget to take off your socks and shoes so they can find your brain,the cheeky git,well it went well,il get results soon,and then maybe the headache prblems will become clear.then at 3,oclock went to see the surgeon to talk bout my scar problems,i was steralized 8 years ago and keep getting abcesses over the scar site,so after the last one 3 weeks ago burst i was sent to see him,hes going to get a scan of the site done to check there nothing in there,but while i was there he was asking how i was,i was telling him bout the headaches and i keep getting swollen fingers,and my legs swell up,and blisters on my fingers iv 2 at the minute,and my skin dont just heal,so i went for a diabetes test and my test read 9 and have to get more bloods done,and he said hel talk bout treatment when the new bloods come in,does anyone one here have this they can tell me what level 9 is,is it ok or bad?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 07:56 PM
not a clue hun but get better soon xxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Don't want to worry you, but 9 is far too high.
normal is 3 to 5, as you have a high reading, it's probably the cause of your skin erruptions and the reason why minor injuries take so long to heal.
Get youself a test kit from the chemists, they're only a few quid, they've got full instructions on how to use them.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 05:50 AM
So sorry to hear you're in the wars again, I hope they soon get you sorted out xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Don't want to worry you, but 9 is far too high.
I disagree.
When I was first diagnosed my blood sugar level (I assume that's what we're talking about here) was over 18. At that time I was told by my diabetic clinic that they would prefer it to be under 10. It's now 4.7, the lowest ever, but it's taken over two years to get to this point. I personally have never had any of the problems you have had so wouldn't like to say any of them are down to Diabetes.
ZB - please don't panic - wait for the results of your various tests, and let the doctors tell you exactly what the problem. None of us have his sort of knowledge.
Hugs honey xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Hope they can sort things oout for you quickly when the results come back.xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Im pleased it went ok Zory, it must be very worrying for you. lets hope this scan helps find the cause of your problem and your pain can er eased permanently. Very best of luck to you.
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I hope they can sort you out Zoey. At least you've managed to get seen and tested. Fingers crossed.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:34 AM
thanx everyone for your help and kind words hoping to see nurse on monday for more bloods,i had bloods done 2 weeks ago for a variety of things but dont think this was one there also doing a magnesium test whatever thats for i aint a clue xx zb
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi zb Hope you get things sorted out soon
Just something to hopefully bring a smile to your face
Comfortting hugs Exx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >