View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 04:35 PM
If I could pick a dog purely on looks than I'd choose...

Korean jindo
Central Asian ovcharka
Csv
Swh
Rottie
Malamute
Gsd
Akita
Beauceron

Which basicly means I can't decide lol.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I think this question should have been which dog would you choose on looks alone, APART FROM YOUR OWN, as most of us agree that we all love the look of our own breed best (and I am no exception)!

I like Russian Black terriers and Bouviers but doubt I would ever own one as too large for our small garden and I am asthmatic so all that hair would have me reaching for my inhaler! Have also read that they are not "easy" dogs but then I doubt my Kerries would be described as such in breed books and I have found them highly motivated to train.

I still like Airedales too (my original choice of dog) but having met a few think they age much more than my medium sized terriers so that put me off.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2010, 06:36 PM
i think Basset Hounds are gorgeous but i would lol maybe because we're so alike.. stubborn.. chunky.. short...

i do like bull mastiffs though
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-08-2010, 07:00 PM
On looks alone I would go for an Akita - I saw one at a show once with a shiny black coat and sparkling white markings. It was a stunning dog
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 10:01 AM

Can't say I would choose any different

Originally Posted by rune View Post
We had a smooth coated blue/black merle lurcher with blue eyes at the rescue kennels---she was class all over and would be my dream dog to look at.

rune
OMG really, before I got Diesel we managed to get a GSD from some gypsies, and while there was shown a pair of leggy puppy Lurchers, who were black, but down their front and on their paws where some dogs were white were merle, I thought that they was stunning, but didn't get any, they wanted money for them, but Silas was just taken he was also just kept in a horse stable, whereas the Lurchers were kept round the back in a hidden area with locks on the kennel, so we couldn't of got them if we wanted, there was also some other dogs in the horse stables too that I would of loved to of got, but I have never forgotten them two pups, and have never seen or heard of another dog like them.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Aside from Rotts & Frenchies - i do still love the look of a good GSD. I am also getting increasingly fond of Bulldogs - Sid loves them and is slowly getting me into them more & more too!

I also think Afghan Hounds & Salukis are so elegant, there is something strikingly beautiful about their looks - although I wouldn't wish to own either breed!

A well-bred, fit and healthy Staffie too - ohhh lovely to see them muscled up and shiny as a new pin!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I think this question should have been which dog would you choose on looks alone, APART FROM YOUR OWN, as most of us agree that we all love the look of our own breed best (and I am no exception)!

in that case id have a Alaskan Malamute, Large Long Coated GSD,& a maltese.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 07:53 AM
If I wasn't allowed to pick mine, American pitbull terrier (on looks, not with stupid laws around), English bull terrier, staffordshire bull terrier, I would say pocendo but they look kind of like the type I have, I also like Coton De Tulears too.
ecowell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Huskies ~ they're beautiful. Labradors too, the golden ones
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 05:16 PM
not counting my own dogs i think it would be a Borzoi so graceful when they move
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >