View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Our Agility Xmas Do, Great Night (video heavy)

Well last night was our agility christmas do, it was absolutly brilliant, we took Jacks muzzle as he gets aggressive towards other dogs when he's crowded especially when they around his head, but apart from one little 'back off, or else' he was really good and didn't need the muzzle so maybe we've made a little bit more progress there, fingers crossed

For the christmas fun, the dogs were split into 4 groups, a mix of big and small dogs, those who had only been doing it a few weeks and still had their dogs on leads and the more experienced dogs, so no group had an unfair advantage or disadvantage

The school was divided into 2 and each end had an identical course, then 2 groups ran against each other, then the other 2 groups, then the winners of each run, ran against each other for 1st and 2nd place and then the other2 groups ran for 3rd and 4th places, hope that makes sense

The course was very easy, the first run was a helter skelter, then the second run the same helter skelter but the handlers had to pick up a toy or a piece of tinsel on their way round, and the last was a relay, just round the outside of the helter skelter course, on the first 2 runs, the next dog in the group couldn't go untill the previous dog had finished and been caught great fun was had by all, at the end the points were added up for each group depending on where they'd finished, and Jacks group came FIRST yippee, and he got a red rosette

There was also a raffle and inter club trophy award presentation, last year Jack got the cup for best progress, but he didn't get anything this year, not that we expected it it was just a lovely fun evening and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, which is what it was all about

I took several videos, and not just of Jack, I've got some of Nugget, who was breed by Gill I believe (Deccy) and Gail, Nuggets owner has kindly said I can post them on here

I think this winning lark has gone to Jacks head, here he is with his red rosette and little black and white cat he won on the raffle

Mmmnne, winning has definately gone to his head

Now for the Videos, sorry there's quite a few to watch, right click, the click on open link at top of the list

Jack

Jack, and me yelling at Michelle

Gail and and the very versatile Nugget, not only has he qualified for Crufts as a Dally, but he's brilliant at agility and can wag his tail like mad while he's doing it

Jack

Nugget

Nugget

Jack

Thanks for looking, I hope you didn't get too bored
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for sharing these loved the pics of a very proud Jack and the videos were super.

Looks like everyone had a great fun night.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Glad you had such a good time. Great Videos and Jack looks really good in his red rossette
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 10:48 AM
LOVED LOOKING AT THEM ALL!!!

What a great time - love the black cat in the first pic - just peeking out !

Great videos (my sound isn't working so didn't hear the yell! but she moved quick so think it was quite loud LOL!)

Want to go to agility NOW!!!

Well done to Jack - he really was looking very sharp on the courses and loved watching Nugget who seems rather nimble considering his size

Glad you had a good time - hope to get to meet Jack one day!

Thank you so much for sharing - and well done remembering the video
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 01:19 PM
loved watching Nugget who seems rather nimble considering his size
Yes he takes after his mother Hannah, his daddy Polo was a big awkward stupid lump! For those with the book, the pic of the bitch with the 6 hour old puppy is Hannah with one of her babies (not Nugget though). I'm very proud of Nugget and in fact everything that Gail has done with both the boys, she's the best owner anyone could wish for.