Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:40 PM

What I loved about Oscar

I really loved everything about him - the very bones of him, but one or two things stand out for me at the moment.
One was the way he relished life itself. He approached each day with such joy! bounding downstairs and outside, and before he would even think of relieving himself he would sit there - even if it were raining - and sniff the air, and listen to the sounds and feel the heat - or lack of it - of the sun. It was almost a ritual with him and I could not help but admire his natural happiness at the dawn of a new day.
He had a natural reverence for nature - the way he would sniff flowers so gently as if not wanting to disturb their slumberous beauty.
Another was the way he couldn't settle in the morning until he had greeted everyone in the household. It was almost as if he regarded it as his duty to ensure that everybody knew that a new day had begun - and life was to be lived. He had a great capacity for life and made the most of every minute - to play, to sleep, to eat, to accompany me on walks. He seemed to be happy no matter what he was doing.
But most of all I loved the way he loved me. Totally, unconditionally, whole heartedly, his eyes brimming over with his good natured devotion.
He lived life and loved life to the full - I learned a lot from him - my wee devoted friend, faithful to the end.
I hope he is waiting at the bridge for me.......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Aww that is lovely must of been hard to write.He will be waiting for you.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Aww Mags, you've got me crying again, how wonderful that your little lad gave you so much during his short life. I know that he was everything to you and that you were devoted to him, as he was to you.

He'll be waiting for you, watching over you in the meantime.

Big hugs, Sheree xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Beautiful tribute to a lovely lad
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:48 PM
He will be waiting
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:52 PM
That's beautiful Mags.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:54 PM

He will be waiting, ready to share those special moments once more.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:08 PM
that was a really beautiful thing you wrote, must have been hard but very touching. Im sure little oscar will be waiting for you. x
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Thjank you so much all of you - I really need to know that - that he will be there waiting for me. He was always such a patient wee dog too.
...........and oh how he loved to run free off the lead....and I used to love the sound of him running behind me to catch me up....
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I am sure Oscar will be waiting for you as Barney is waiting for me, we will all be together again in the future.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >