Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:51 AM

Saw our first pup

...he came to visit with his visually impaired owner for the day! It was lovely. He remembered us (again) and ran round the house like a nutty thing! It was like he'd never left!!!! He loved our latest pup and even Mo semed to enjoy seeing him!
We toook them out for a bit and had a brew, so it was brilliant to see him working, although I think we were something of a distraction!
Mind you I was surprised at how many people stroked him, without saying a word to the owner.
It was a lovely day and we are sooooooo lucky to have that level of contact!!!! I'd post pics but I forgot to ask if it would be ok with his owner, so will do so once i have!!!!
Brilliant! So nice for my son to keep seeing him too! He said he'll be back over beofre Christmas with him!!!! He even bought my son a Dr Who book...how kind is that!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:53 AM
That is so nice, and how lovely that he remembered you, I would imagine you feel as proud as I do when my pups come back to visit.

I do hope his owner says its ok to post the photos as it would be lovely to see the little chap. How nice of him to bring your son the Dr Who gift, he obviously knows him so well
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:55 AM
HI Scorpio! I'm sure he'll say its ok, just want to check first! The pup isn't little anymore, he's a lab cross golden retriver and weighs in at 6 and a half stone, he makes my old guys look small!!!! He's lovely though! Still hoovering up his hairs, forgotten how much he sheds!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:56 AM
ps I was VERY proud of him when I saw him working!!! We arelucky, he has been here a few times now and we all get on. It's nice to have the contact as he doesn't live that far away. Our second pup lives further away but we are hoping to see him in the summer!!!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
HI Scorpio! I'm sure he'll say its ok, just want to check first! The pup isn't little anymore, he's a lab cross golden retriver and weighs in at 6 and a half stone, he makes my old guys look small!!!! He's lovely though! Still hoovering up his hairs, forgotten how much he sheds!!!!
Good lord Just kidding, he's bound to be substantial being a mix of those two wonderful breeds Will check back this evening
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
ps I was VERY proud of him when I saw him working!!!
And you have every right to be.

It must be so hard watching them all leave you but seeing them doing their job must make it all worth while. Well done and I hope you get to see many more pups that you help to train over the coming years
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks Hali.
It is hard to see them go, but they do move on and make such a difference! Selfishly, we get to have a fluffy pup every year too, although I'm already looking at the current one and not wanting him to go...
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Not only should you be proud of your pups you should be so proud of yourself for doing such a wonderful job. I am so glad the dog remembered you.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks Heather, thats kind, although I don't feel we have much to be proud of to be honest, we get so much from it, the pups are adorable!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Thats such anice story ailsa i love it when pups come back for a visit and you see how well there doing cant wait for pics xxDK
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >