Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2012, 10:22 AM

How can this dog eat and drink after Snout ripped off

I'm wondering how this dog survives? Is it possible for it still to eat and drink. I know it must be as it's still alive but can't see how it can

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...treatment.html
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Good grief! Is this a genuine photo? How can the dog breathe? Let alone eat and drink, as you say.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2012, 10:35 AM
They're talking about sending her to the US for treatment but they say

'We are confident we can improve her condition going forward,' said veterinary surgeon Frank Verstraete, of the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital.

The doctors expect that the pooch will have to undergo at least two surgeries over the next six weeks, one focusing on dental work and the other to address the gruesome wound on her snout.

However, the hospital said in a statement that there are no plans to fit Kabang with a prosthetic snout or reconstruct her jaw.

Just checked google and she's in the US. There's a video of her

PLEASE DON'T LOOK IF YOU WILL FIND THIS UPSETTING

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle...treatment.html

So it looks like she's going to be left without the snout.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Sick. To think the dog was bought as "food" as well to begin with! Still Im sure they like the attention they are getting. Sure the dog would be better off dead though. Poor thing.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm with you 100% Borderdawn.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Sick. To think the dog was bought as "food" as well to begin with! Still Im sure they like the attention they are getting. Sure the dog would be better off dead though. Poor thing.
i agree that she would be better of dead but with the first past of your comment is at the end of the day over there dogs are a food source, no different to us eating beef
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
i agree that she would be better of dead but with the first past of your comment is at the end of the day over there dogs are a food source, no different to us eating beef
I agree, I dont care what they eat, but I dont like the fact the dog was been fattened up to eat but the kid liked the dog, and now its being spared because it "supposedly" saved a life. At what expense? That dog must be in bloody agony, if not living in misery. The only reason its alive is because its owners are now enjoying the publicity. Give it a few months til the novelty has worn off.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2012, 12:19 PM
It was picked up as a stray at first with the intention of feeding it up so they could eat it. As they are probably poor and dogs are used as food over there, I don't think it's anything to criticise them about. He was convinced by his children to keep it as a pet which I thought was very good of him considering they are more likely to eat them than have them as pets.

I too think it would be better to put it down, find it quite cruel to keep it alive. Fair enough if they could give it another snout but I still don't see how it can eat and drink.