Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2012, 12:49 AM

Skunk...

430/am today my dog ...killed a skunk that got through the fence,not good.i let him in after 2min stint outside,he busted thought the door and bolted rright up the stairs and,of cource hit the first sofa,um,i cant tell you what iv been throught today.i placed him outside and went to work,my wife was due to take care of situation.when i got to work,they told me to get the f out.i did not realise i stunk as well ,so i got the day off to take care of the problem,oh boy.i managed to get the smell to a dull roar.i pulled out all the tricks.tomato juice,vinigar,mouthwash and all the pretty smelling stuff i had in the house,my wife and kids took off to the beach,and left me...there your dogs not mine ,she used the, not mine, clause,there is still a linger of skunk,and my expert sister,who has 4 skunk issues under her belt, just laughed at me and made a few sugestions the first was a fence that does not allow for skunks!!! so if anyone has any other suggestions ,im all ears...so tomato juice,vinigar and mouthwash are a few,any others?oh boy..what a mess
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2012, 03:18 AM
ring your boss tell him you tried everything and that the smell lingers for days, then you will get some more days off work
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
ring your boss tell him you tried everything and that the smell lingers for days, then you will get some more days off work

Reading this "my wife was due to take care of situation"

I've NO sympathy!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I am sooooo glad we dont have skunks here
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Baking soda absorbs smells quite well, and do you have zoflora, a floral disinfectant very strong to disguise the smell.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Baking soda absorbs smells quite well, and do you have zoflora, a floral disinfectant very strong to disguise the smell.
Be careful using Zoflora around dogs - I recall reading it contains something that is quite dangerous to dogs? We used to use it a lot and stopped for this reason.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:55 AM
It's OK once it dry but obviously don't allow an animal to lick it. We use it on the grass along the side of our caravan for some reason where Mollie has chosen as her favourite wee spot was becoming very stinky but the zoflora does the trick.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry gotta laugh at the boss told me to f off Hilarious but i'm afraid i'm only here to mock, oh I mean sympathise no ideas on skunk stink i'm afraid but good luck in finding a cure, and if karma is real your wife will stink too and get shunned from the beach
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Only thing I ever found worked on skunk was tomato juice, make sure to put it on thick and let it sit on there as long as possible, it also might take a few goes with it. I do not miss skunks or porcupines either when it comes to dogs!

Good luck getting rid of the smell!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I've used Febreeze in extreme fox poo situations
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >