Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2011, 12:01 PM

Pereg's outing yesterday!

Yesterday afternoon, to cheer myself up, I phoned my lovely taxi driver and he took us to the dog Pension. Pereg had a lovely wander round meeting her four and two-legged friends as she was off lead, while I wandered about the huge store stocking up on various chewbones and stuff for her. And of course I forgot the chewbones she really prizes above all others... ... but did find some meat treats which will keep her happy.

Not that she gets treats that often as I am a mean mommy!

I also bought some tinned food for emergency use, with David [my driver] and Micha [the owner of the Pension] translating labels for me, the main reason being the print was so small and I did not have a magnifying glass with me. I could read the nutritional details but I said I did not want anything with grains or bulk filling stuff, just meat or fish, and was not sure what was in what brand. I ended up with a couple each of four different ones of the same brand, imported from Italy to see if she likes it and how she does, and Eviyatar will always deliver more for me if and when I want some more.

As it is only for emergency use I cannot see me wanting much but it is always handy to have around.

I was so pleased with Pereg with the way she greeted not just her four-legged friends but some others dogs that were strolling around that she had never seen before. One gave her a funny look and drew back his lip as if to snarl and she just stood there looking at him - so he turned and went off somewhere!

I was delighted with Pereg and even happier when the people there commented on the fact that she has lost weight as she looks so much slimmer than when we last went there.

And then we came home! David said he will have a look at the butchers and poulterers in the shuk next time he goes downtown and will see if he can get bones and stuff for her - my neighbour cannot get any bones from the supermarket where she buys the chicken wings, carcasses, turkey necks, hearts etc for me - and he says he can get those much cheaper from the shuk - also bones from one or other of the butchers, as he knows them all.

He is one very special guy and I am so lucky to have found him!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Aww Glad you had a good day!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
she buys the chicken wings, carcasses, turkey necks, hearts etc for me
Actualy Malka I think you have more choice than we do, I can't get OH to buy hearts or bones, not sure why, she says the butchers and supermarkets don't sell them, what they do with bones in this country is a mystery to me.

But we can get turkey necks, and chicken necks and our two love them
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-11-2011, 01:51 PM
My neighbour can get chicken hearts and turkey hearts [and gizzards and livers from both] but not ox heart, which is something I will ask David to look for for me. Do not forget that Pereg and I both "share" what she gets!

Oh yes, and David is also going to get a load of chicken feet as well - Pereg can have them raw and I will chuck some in the pot when I make chicken soup for myself!

I found the Pension's website - I do not know who did the translation but it could be much worse!

This shows the entrance and the huge hanger-like store:

http://translate.google.co.il/transl...26prmd%3Dimvns

and this tells about the boarding - the photos, when you scroll down, only show a very small part of the very large enclosed area:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...yHO3JijUzec_FA
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2011, 02:01 PM
How I wish there was someone like that around here, I was told there is a boarding kennels in Prague which is 70 miles away but we don't know much about them and based on the quality of service we usually get I don't think I'd want our dogs in there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Glad you had an nice day out with Pereg.

The store looks like a nice place to wander I love wandering round huge pet stores.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-11-2011, 02:48 PM
It is massive, Lynn - a huge hangar-type place, and those pictures only show part of it, as they do bulk food deliveries to quite a large area and the store is mainly for people who take or collect their dogs for daycare or kenneling. Incidentally I think the dog having a nap on the floor was the one which curled a lip at Pereg!

The whole place is vast, right at the far end of one of the roads on that Moshav - almost in the middle of nowhere. I do not know if they advertise anywhere although I should imagine that they do, as otherwise nobody would ever know it was there, as there are no signs leading to it! A very peaceful place and extremely friendly to four and two-legged visitors.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:59 PM
What a great place! I once asked at Tesco for some bones and, eventually, after consulting with the store manager, they said they couldn't let me have any (or sell me any) on health and safety grounds!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Incidentally I think the dog having a nap on the floor was the one which curled a lip at Pereg!
And he looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth

Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
they said they couldn't let me have any (or sell me any) on health and safety grounds!
The world has gone mad I'm certain that wasn't the reason we can't get any here 'cos there are no health & safety regulations (Yes we are in the EU but no the Czechs don't take any notice of what Brussels says )
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Sounds like a lovely day out
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >