View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I love EBT's too - they always look like they're smiling.

One day, that mythical one day when I can afford to retire and we sell up and live up a welsh mountain in a very small cottage with loads of land and stables, I intend to have a welsh cob for riding/carriage work, and loads of dogs.

I shall be very eccentric, probably scare all the local children who will think that I am most likely a witch because of my eccentricity, but best of all I will be able to do what a dang well want to without having to be at everybody's beck and call!!

Amongst my pack of dogs would have to be an EBT, a chihuahua or two, at least one Mal, definitely a Saarloos and/or a Czechie and a couple of border terriers.

Not sure how I will pay for all this ... but hey ho, a girl can dream!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2011, 08:06 PM
I am very lucky in that I have owned and am about to own again my dream dog. BMD. Others I would like to own but doubt I ever will are the Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland and Great Dane. Mostly because this time I am hoping my new boy is going to have a long and healthy life unlike my darling Ollie.
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I love GSD's, use to have a lot of contact with them as my Grandmother had three when I was younger, they were gorgeous long haired boys, OH not so keen on them but who knows maybe one day!!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Newfoundland, I have always dreamt of owning one, but they have always been out of my price range.
Now I just don't have the time and I think they would just be too big and too much for me to take on anyway at my age and with my health problems.
They will always remain a real favourite though.
I know of a dog and a bitch up for re-homing due to owners illness one black one brown

For me there's a couple of breeds:
Working Springer - Love their energy, drive and they always seem happy loopy dogs but I personally think they need an outlet for all that energy and I have too many comitments to give them what they need!

Rough Collie - my childhood dog, I just love this breed but they just don't seem the same as back then, the ones I've seen recently are much smaller (or maybe I've grown ) The amount of grooming also puts me off
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I like Samoyeds and Maremmas but don't fancy owning a white dog. It's hard enough keeping our mal Keiko in decent condition. Mud coloured dogs are the way forward I think.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Mud coloured dogs are the way forward I think.
I have one of those if you want him!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I have one of those if you want him!!
I have two that don't show the dirt. Much easier! My half white dog has been a terrible shock to my system!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Oh gorgeous, and what wonderful names! What are you doing with them if I may ask, please?

Wys
x
They are doing my 'Armchair' classes.

Basically fun mental games that can be done with very little equipment and space - we do Body targets (Nose, Chin, front and back legs), some tricks (spin/twist/leg weaves etc), Stretching, Positions, general holding (with a view to putting away etc) - but all for fun. We also do some games, like dice rolling etc.
It is quite a hard class as the dogs are working for the whole hour without a break, the younger one manages fine, but the older one looses it at about 50 mins.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:20 PM
it's scary isn't it! My lighter one has a constant "tide mark" of mud!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I do like the Leonberger, but they are just that bit big and heavy for me, but on saying that I'm very happy with the Briard and couldn't imagine having any other breed.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »