View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Well done, you must feel as if a huge weight has gone from your mind and your shoulders. No, it still won't be easy but having come so close to giving Lana up you now realise that she means more to you than anything else and where there is a will there is a way.

So far so good, because it sounds as if Lana is accepting your short absences and if that is the case then perhaps it can now be built on a little if necessary.

I cannot tell you how pleased I was to read your post.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow, good luck the for the future.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes I do feel as though a great weight has lifted.

I've applied for other jobs over the last couple of months for anything that was only a couple of hours but they've always been agencies, you leave your name and tel number and they never ever get back in touch and so the only one was the nightshift one.

I am so glad I checked the job website again yesterday morning, the job hadn't been there on Sunday evening. When I phoned I was the first to have applied for the job and couldn't believe it when he said to come down that afternoon. It must have been fate. and then for it to be so close to home and no travel time involved.

With luck Lana will be fine with the 2 hours especially so early in the morning and maybe I can build up on it or else get some more hours in the late afternoon or something. It's a start anyway,and a little bit money coming in, doesn't solve my problems but as I couldn't bear going through with rehoming her, it's something and I'll just hope something else turns up.

I actually hate cleaning and getting up early in the morning.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm so glad you've managed to find something so close to home, like you say, it must be fate

Hope you and Lana have many happy years together
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Yes I do feel as though a great weight has lifted.

I've applied for other jobs over the last couple of months for anything that was only a couple of hours but they've always been agencies, you leave your name and tel number and they never ever get back in touch and so the only one was the nightshift one.

I am so glad I checked the job website again yesterday morning, the job hadn't been there on Sunday evening. When I phoned I was the first to have applied for the job and couldn't believe it when he said to come down that afternoon. It must have been fate. and then for it to be so close to home and no travel time involved.

With luck Lana will be fine with the 2 hours especially so early in the morning and maybe I can build up on it or else get some more hours in the late afternoon or something. It's a start anyway,and a little bit money coming in, doesn't solve my problems but as I couldn't bear going through with rehoming her, it's something and I'll just hope something else turns up.

I actually hate cleaning and getting up early in the morning.
From what you said in the first post, it does sound as if you could add more hours as time goes on, but the main thing is getting Lana used to you being out for a couple of hours initially.
I have a feeling that things will turn out okay for you.....you just never know what is around the corner in life do you.
I too hate cleaning I have always thought though that doing it for someone else might feel different as it is a job rather than just a chore!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Aw I am so glad that you have managed to find something that suits you both
I really really hope this works out for you and hopefully over time you could build more hours as she becomes more comfortable and they become available.

I wish you and Lana all the best, I've been thinking of you both over the last few days and what a tricky situation it must be. X
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Just read this thread and glad things have worked out well so far I've done a few cleaning jobs and hated it but usually a pretty stress free job, just go in do it and go home again!

A dog walking business is a good idea. If you can't get more hours soon, you could start offering yourself as a dog walker. You can be flexible with only working 2 hrs in the morning but you still have that secure income. I am just trying to get started with dog walking/pet care business, I work part time in Pet Shop so have something to fall back on. My dogs aren't great with other dogs initially, but they've got to know 2 I walk and they often come along for walks.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Aw I'm so pleased that you have managed to get a different job .... well done!! I'm sure things will work out for you and the lovely thing is Lana is there to support you as well as you support her. You may find you can get a few hours work you can do at home. A friend of mine leafleted loads of roads in her area offering an ironing service/minor clothes alterations and that has gradually grown. I really wish you luck
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Not so good news. Came back from work today, note on the door informing me that Lana had barked from 7am to approx 9am yesterday and then again at around 4pm for 15 mins which is when I went out yesterday afternoon and that this morning the barking started at 7am again waking them up and no doubt everyone else in the building.

Apparently over the last few weeks she has been barking every time I go out but he didn't say anything as it's only for short periods of time. I am informed I now need to sort this out or he will be getting the council involved.

booger booger booger or even the f word here repeated often

He has previously recommended a bark collar to me as his dog has one and I think he was also miffed as I said I didn't agree with them.

I'm not sure what to do now. She doesn't appear distressed or anything when I go or when I come back. She must sense me coming back as when I listen down at the main door there is no sound from her, unless of course she is in the livingroom or bedroom at that point and it doesn't carry down the stairs.

Dog walking isn't really an option, too many already and I'm not too confident with dogs so don't think I would be much good, plus I don't have a car which adds to the problem.

Ironing would be covered with dog hairs by the time I was taking it back and also a problem with having no transport.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Have you thought about office cleaning/commercial cleaning and taking your dog?

I sometimes clean offices at night. The offices are empty and you could take your dog with you. I have done this before. I have cleaned a GP surgery before now and one of the doctors came in to catch up on paperwork and had her German Shepherd in with her!
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »